Apply for Meter Asset Provider Nigeria by yourself
- For an application to become a Meter Asset Provider in person applicants must submit an application to the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Contact details and the address are listed on the next contact page
- Visit the office and get an NERC Permit Application Form for MAP from the appropriate department.Or click here to download the application forms.
- Fill out the application form and include pertinent information within the sections. The application must be completed and signed by the person applying.
- You must attach all the documents mentioned on the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- The application, along with all the supporting documents should be delivered to the corporate headquarters of the Commission.
- Pay the fee amount required to process the application, as instructed by the official.
- After successful submission and the complete payment, the customer will receive acknowledgment slip.
- Within one month the commission will assess the application and may ask the applicant for further information should it be required.
- If the application is submitted in full it will be considered for approval of an MAP permit. The applicant will be informed by the Commission within a certain period of time at the time of the application , to obtain the permit.
Documents Required For Meter Asset Provider
- The completed application form
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Tax clearance certificates
- Certified certified and audited financial statements for three consecutive years preceding the one that the application is submitted.
- Complete resumes of Applicant’s Board of directors, managers, and technical personnel
- Ten-year Business Plan for Ten-Year Business
- Evidence of expertise in financial asset management, metering and other business related areas.
Office Locations and Contacts
The Head Office, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.
Web site homepage
What are all the Eligibility
- Any business in Nigeria who wants to become the Meter Asset Provider to any Distribution Companies under NERC is eligible to apply.
- Each company that is applying for a contract must have completed the process of procuring within the business sector in which it operates according to the requirements of the Distribution Company.
- Following the procurement process the applicant should have obtained the Non-Objection Certificate at the Commission.
The office can be reached for information on fees.
The term that an Meter asset provider permit must be for an interval that is 15 years.
Documents to Utilize
NERC MAP Permit Application form
Application for No-Objection
It requires a minimum time for 21 consecutive days.
- All meters must be installed according to the Metering Code, Meter Asset Providers Regulations 2018 and the Meter Service Agreement to be signed between the relevant Distribution Company and Meter Asset Provider.
- The minimum monthly requirements for installations as specified within the deployment plans (Gantt Chart) should be strictly adhered to.
- The necessary Performance Bond amount should be given by the Distribution Company within 60 days after the approval of the permission. This Performance Bond shall be in the form and in the manner prescribed to be provided by the Distribution Company.
- Failure to submit your performance bonds within specified date and in the format that is required by the Distribution Company will render the Permit and the Meter Services Agreement void.
- Regular reports should be provided in the form and frequency as prescribed by the Commission at times.
- Name of the applicant
- Company Name Company
- Registered address of the applicant
- Warehouse address of Applicant’s
- Quantity of meters to be used
- Cost-profile (upfront cost)
- Monthly Meter Service Fee
- Name and designation of the the signatory
The Document is required
Meter Asset Provider Permits are required for all companies who wish to be Meter Asset Providers and offer sales and service to Meter Assets officially.
Information that can be useful
See the document below for further information the regulations