How To Apply for National Identity Card (Adult) In Guadeloupe
- To get an ID card visit the town hall in your area. If you are in Paris you can visit an police branch that you prefer. For those living in another country, you can apply for an National Identity Card at the Embassy or Consulate. Applications must be completed in person.
- The application form can be found on the counter. Be sure to fill out the correct form and don’t forget to fill in the forms.
- The information you are required to provide will be contingent on your particular situation. Notice: You may also have to schedule an appointment to complete your application.
Documents that are required National Identity Card (Adult)
The forms you’ll be required to provide is contingent on your particular situation.
If you are a holder of your passport:
- If it’s still valid:
- If your passport has been expired:
- Two (2) identical passport photos ( must meet standards
- Address proof Original and photocopy
- Your safe identity card (electronic or biometric) expired less than five years ago or the Delphine Passport was expired within 2 years of the date: Original and photocopies
- In the event that the passport appears not current: birth certificate with a validity of less than three months (extract or registration with a full copy) Original
- In the event that the certificate of birth is not able to verify the applicant’s nationality, the original document along with a copy of the proof for French nationality
If you don’t have a passport
- Two (2) identical passport photos ( must meet standards)
- Address proof Photocopy and original
- birth certificate received not more than 3 months prior (extract from or signed by a a full copy) Original
- In the event that the certificate of birth cannot confirm the applicant’s citizenship: Original along with a copy of evidence that proves French nationality
Documents supporting your claim must be presented when you’ve changed your name but it’s not yet visible or reflected on your identity documents.
The documents to be submitted will be in accordance with the second name: spouse’s name or the name of the parent who is not married.
Office Locations and Contacts
Prefecture of Guadeloupe Physical address:
97100 Basse Terre
Téléphone +33 590 99 39 00
Mairie de Basse-Terre
Telephone: +590 5 90 80 56 56
Fax: +590 5 90 81 78 57
- Monday and Tuesday: from 07:30 until 12:00 and at 12:30 p.m. until 5 p.m.
- The Wednesday of the month is from 8:30 until 12:30
- Thursday – from 7:30 until 12:00 and 12:30 p.m. until 5:15 p.m.
- The Friday night program runs from 7:15 until 12:30
If you live abroad: link
What Are All The Eligibility
- French nation
Cost of Application: None
15 years old
The identity card isn’t made on-site, so it cannot be issued instantly. The time it takes for the identification card to be issued varies on the location and time the application made. For instance, the processing time for applications made prior to the start of summer vacation could be longer.
Monitor your app
If you’ve entered your phone number on the form you will be notified via SMS that informs you that you can now get the identity document. Please note that this service is not available to applications made in Paris or other locations.
- Name of applicant
- Birth date and location
- Number of mobile phone (if you wish to receive a notification via SMS notifying you that you are able to be able to collect the identity card)
- The full name of the parents
- Birth date and location of parents
The Document is required National Identity Card (Adult)
Here is a step-by-step guide for obtaining an National Identity Card for adults for the first time.