Apply For Obtain an ian Drivers License in Egypt
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
Required Documents For Obtain an ian Drivers License
- You must provide a written certificate from an Egyptian eye doctor and/or ophthalmologist to confirm the blood type
- Physical and mental health,
- Give your Traffic Department at Attaba Square in Cairo or Giza with all documents
- An authentic identification document,
- In addition, two recent photos.
- Completed LE 55 form and successful the completion of both a written and road test.
- A proof of residency for the applicant.
- Free-of-charge certificate (infractions certificate).
- The mandatory insurance document for car accidents, which includes the updated information.
- One Form for private vehicles.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Transportation
“Mr. Ibrahim ElDemeiry
Address Nasr Road, Nasr City, Cairo
Telephone number. 2400814 – 22604884
What are all the Eligibility
In order to be eligible for an Egyptian driver’s license for motor vehicles in Egypt one must be an Egyptian citizen of at the age of 18 .
The fee required is LE 55.
Egyptian Drivers Permit is valid 3 (3) months or one (1) dependent on the fee paid.
Once all the necessary documents have been completed and all payment is completed, the applicant must wait approximately 3 (3) days for driving license to be approved.
In order to apply for a driver’s license, one has to be able to prove that they are 18 (18) or above. Find the required forms for every Egyptian driver Licensing Office, Read carefully and complete the necessary details.
- Complete all necessary payments
- Include all documents needed;
- The application form must be returned with the Egyptian motor Licensing Office; and
You must appear in person at the National office that issues the license.
Visitors are required to prove that they are 18 years old
Need to have the Document
A driver’s license or licence, also known as a driving license is a legal document that declares that one is able to operate a motorized automobile, like a motorbike or truck, or even bus on public roads. *The laws that govern the license of drivers differ in each jurisdiction. In certain jurisdictions the license is granted after the person has passed the driving test, whereas in other states, one is issued a license prior to beginning to drive. Different types of licenses typically exist for different kinds of vehicles notably big trucks and passenger cars. The level of difficulty in the driving test differs greatly between jurisdictions and also other factors like age and minimum level of experience. Eligibility
Information that could be helpful
- All vehicles must have an extinguisher for fire and an orange triangle for hazard.
- All vehicles are checked on their technicality every year , except for motorbikes, private cars and tractors, which are checked each year for three years.
- In Cairo the city of Cairo, motorists travel on the left of the road.
- If someone is not experienced in driving around Cairo and the surrounding areas, it is strongly advised to use taxis or the metro instead of driving.
- Roads in Cairo are always jammed and, during rush hour, a lot of drivers drive recklessly.
- Parking can be a challenge too.
- Egypt is among the countries with the highest rates of road fatalities per mile driven around the globe.
- Travelling in Cairo is an enormous problem even for those who are seasoned.
It is advised that visitors and newcomers avoid driving.