Apply for Ordinary Passport In Bhutan By Online
- Visit in person to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the nearest diplomatic office.
- Go through your Passport Section.
- Fill out an application form. To download a Passport Application Form, click here: http://www.mfa.gov.bt/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/application_form_for_new_passport_or_traveldocument.pdf.
- Make sure to submit all required documents.
- Pay the application fee for passports.
NOTE:The Passport Section will take a fingerprint when the applicant seeks a machine-readable documents like a passport. The biometric information will be kept alongside the applicant’s personal information inside the Passport Database and used for future verification and identity for identification purposes.
Required Documents For Apply for Ordinary Passport
- Completed application form
- passport-sized photograph (photograph must not be older than six months-old ), 45 mm by 35 mm with the face image making up 70%-80 percent of the image that is taken with white backgrounds and with no border)
- Photocopies of citizenship identification document or identification issued by the Ministry of Home & Cultural Affairs together with the original documents to verify for verification purposes.
- Security Clearance Certificate (SCC) from the Royal Bhutan Police
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
PO Box 103
Bhutanese citizens can apply for an identity card.
Regular Passports: Cost of. 1000/-
Documents to Utilize
Passport Application Form
The Document is required
The Bhutanese passport can be described as a piece of paper that authorizes and allows travel and other actions in Bhutan and through Bhutanese citizens. There are three kinds of Bhutanese passports, namely: Ordinary Passport Official Passport, Official Passport as well as Diplomatic Passport.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.mfa.gov.bt/