How To Apply for Phytosanitary Certificate In Gambia
Application In Person By Yourself:
- To apply for an application for a Phytosanitary certificate, the applicant must go to for the Plant Protection Services, Department of Agriculture. Contact details are provided in the “office addresses and locations” section.
- It is necessary to send an application form for the Plant Protection Services.
- The application must contain the following information in”required information” section “required data” section.
- Be sure to are armed with all the documents required that are listed in”the “Required documents” section of this page.
- The applicant should submit the request for application and supporting documents in the mail to Plant Protection Services, Department of Agriculture.
- Once the request for application is accepted and processed After the application is processed and accepted, an inspection is planned through Plant Protection Services, Department of Agriculture.
- After the inspection has produced satisfying results, then the patient is required to pay the cost and then collect the Phytosanitary Certificate.
Documents that are required Phytosanitary Certificate
- Written Application request
- Form for inspection
- Commercial invoice
- List of packing materials
- Bill of Lading
Office Locations and Contacts
Plant Protection Services, Department of Agriculture
Yundum Agriculture Station, Yundum,
Phone: + 220 728 5783 / +220 996 4003
What Are All The Eligibility
- An authorized exporter or importer
The cost for inspections of consignments is 1500 GMD
for 20 feet. container for 2250 GMD
for 40 feet. container and for 1,125 GMD
for up to 20 feet. container.
This Certificate can be used for a single the consignment or shipment. A new shipment will require the use of a new Phytosanitary Certificate
The Information You Need
- Application type
- Type of package
- The area of production
- Country of origin
- Name of company registration and details regarding the product (type of product, quantity and destination), the type of packaging ).
- Transport mode
- Points of entry and exit
- Batch number
The Document is required Phytosanitary Certificate
The Phytosanitary Certificate is used to prove that the shipment meets Phytosanitary Import standards.