Apply for Radioactive Material Transport License (Permit) In Malawi By Yourself
- Send a letter at the direction of environment affairs to allow the transport of radioactive materials and pay the application fee, and get the receipt for payment.
- The director will then assign an inspector to your upon your
- An inspector is expected to conduct an audit of the materials to be shipped and will forward the results to the Director.
- Based on the results , the director will then consult with the minister on whether to grant the request.
- The director will then approve the application and then the certificate will be processed.
- Get your certificate in full and then continue with the transfer
Required Documents For Apply for Radioactive Material Transport License
- Demand letter addressed to the Director Environmental Affairs department
- Complete the application form
- Certificate of incorporation
- Identification documents
- Any other documents required as a support
Office Locations and Contacts
- MINISTRY of NATURAL RESOURCES, ENERGY and ENVIRONMENT
- ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
- Lingadzi house, city centre, private bag 394,
- Lilongwe 3, Malawi.
- Telephone: +265 1 771111/ +256 0888 100 585
- Fax: +265 1 773379
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the authority in question for bank and fee information
- The validity is noted on the certificate.
Examples of Documents
- A sample of the application Form: PDF
- Within 30 days
- A person or an entity is not allowed to engage in the transport of radioactive materials without a valid license.
- Any transport of radioactive material must be done in accordance with local standards and the any applicable law in writing, and the technical specifications from the Regulations on the Secure Transport of Radioactive Material of the International Atomic Energy Agency, which is updated from time-to-time.
- The licensee shall be the primary responsibility of providing security and safety of the radioactive material in transport.
The Information You Need
- Status of the Applicant
- Contact details
- Information on the radioactive source
Documentation is needed
- The Transport license proves that you are authorized to transport radioactive materials
- Malawi Trade Portal: Link