Skip to content
Apply for Radioactive Waste Export License In Malawi By Yourself
- Make an application via to the Environmental affairs department. director will assign a responsible person for your application.
- The notice of consent must be received from the country receiving it and explain what radiation protection measures that must be put into place
- The designated officer is going to forward the request to the appropriate officer for processing. If the authority requires additional information, you will be asked for it.
- The license is processed within 42 working days.
- After the license is granted, you will be required to pay the fees required and after payment you is made, the license will be issued.
Required Documents For Apply for Radioactive Waste Export License
- Written Request
- Certificate of incorporation
- Identification documents
- Other documents that are required to support it
Office Locations and Contacts
- MINISTRY of NATURAL RESOURCES and ENVIRONMENT
- ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
- Lingadzi house, city centre, private bag 394,
- Lilongwe 3, Malawi.
- Telephone: +265 1 771111/ +256 0888 100 585
- Fax:+265 1 773379
- Citizens and residents who meet the criteria as per the Atomic Energy Act can apply for an export license
- The importation of radioactive waste materials is prohibited in Malawi
- This application is not a requirement for an application form.
The Document is required
- This license permits users to ship radioactive materials
Information that can be useful
- Atomic Energy Act No.16 2011: Link
- Malawi Trade Portal: Link