Apply for Type Test Certification for Local Manufacturers in Nigeria By Yourself
- In order to apply for Type Test Certificate for local Manufacturers personally, the candidate has to go to at the offices of Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency.
- Contact information for the agency is located below. contact information.
- Contact the offices with an application Letter or letter of intent in order to obtain the Type Test Certificate for local Manufacturers.
- Be sure to have all the documents listed under this page’s “Required documents” section on this page.
- Attach the documents required with the letter of application , and forward it to the relevant office.
- The applicant is also required to submit three of the products at any one among three Meter Test Stations at Oshodi-Lagos, Kaduna and Port Harcourt.
- After submitting the application the applicant has to pay the necessary fees for the certification.
- Once the agency has received the payment The agency will then begin the evaluation of the application and verifying the supporting documents.
- While they are there, the officers from the Meter Test Station will inspect the samples submitted for the quality and reliability of standards.
- When all the steps have been completed and the certificate is issued, the person applying will be notified by email or by phone to collect it.
Documents Required For Apply for Type Test
- Letter of Intent/Application
- Recharge Tokens
- Clear Tamper Tokens
- Clear Tokens
- Key or License copy of the software for configuration
- The fees are required and must be accompanied by proof of payment
- Any supporting document (as required)
Office Locations and Contacts
National Headquarters,Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency,
4, Dar-es-Salaam Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse 2. Abuja.
Telephone: 07010000253 | 07031722083 | 07010000254 | 07031722084
General inquiries: Call (from 9:00 amto at 5:00 pm) or email us. You can also complete the form below to send inquiries Form for contact
What are all the Eligibility
Any local producer of Energy meters in Nigeria that requires Type test certification for its products, may apply.
- Single phase meters: N150000
- The Poly-Phase (three-phase) meters N200000
- Trivector meters: N250000
Current Transformers N10000
The processing time is approximately 21 days beginning from the date of the sample submission.
- Candidates are advised to fill out the application form carefully and accurately with perfect readability and correctness in order in order to avoid rejection.
- Furthermore, all necessary documents have to be supplied in complete.
The Information You Need
- Name of the business
- Registration number
- Particulars of incorporation
- License number
- Address of the company
- Number for phone
- The type of the meter
- Email address
- Product description
The document is needed
The Type Test Certificate for local Manufacturers is issued with purposes of recognizing the success of the type test for the equipment or product in question that includes verification of the rated attributes and performance.