How To Apply to Change the Address on Your Driver License In Guadeloupe
- Request the procedure at one of these office:
- in the sub-prefecture or prefecture in which you reside (note that certain sub-prefectures may not be equipped for processing this kind of application)
- in Paris in Paris, in Paris, the Driving License Unit of the Police Headquarters.
- Applications can be submitted in person at the counter or via mail (sending an official mail is not required). Note: Applications submitted via proxy are not accepted anymore. When the driving license owner is minor (category AM) then it’s the parent or minor’s guardian that should submit the application.
- Once you have applied your new address, it will be added to the national database of your driver’s license. However, you will not receive an entirely new license, even if you already have an older pink license.
Documents Required Change the Address on Your Driver License
- Photocopy of driving license The original license must be shown at the counter
- Photographic ID (national identity card, passport etc. ) The original document is required to be presented at the counter
- Photocopy of your proof of address (any official document that is in your name)
- For foreigners, a document of residency to France (clear photocopy of the back and front) A valid residency permit, or residence card. the original of which must be shown at the counter
- Photocopy of the driver’s license
- Photocopies of identification (national identification card, passport, etc.)
- Photocopy of your proof of address (any documents that you can use to prove your name)
- For foreigners, evidence of residency in France (clear photocopy of the in both the front and reverse) A valid residence permit or card. You must also have the original in your possession
Office Locations and Contacts
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
Time of Office:
Mondays from 8:00 until 15:00
Tuesday , from 8:00 until 15:00
Wednesdays from 8:00 until 12:15
Thursday , from 8:00 until 15:00
Friday , from 8:00 until 12:01
Address of physical address
Place de la Victoire
Phone: +33 5 90 82 68 68
Fax: +33 5 90 82 52 16
The Office hours:
Monday, 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Tuesdays from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday , from 8:00 until 11:30 am
Thursday, from 8 – 3:00 p.m.
Friday , from 8:00 until 11:30 am
Application fee: Free
The Document is required Change the Address on Your Driver License
- There is no requirement to alter the address on your driver’s licence after you move to a new place of residence. If you want to change the address then you must apply to the prefecture of your place of residence.
- Here are the steps on how you can alter the information on your driver’s licence.
Information that can be useful
Change the address on your driver’s license once you move to a different address is not required. If a vehicle registration certificate is in your name, then you need to make an application for a change of address.