How To Applying for a Tourist Visa In Cameroon
1.Visit any local immigration or authorized office (Cameroon consulate, embassy and high commission) and verify the current visa regulations and conditions.
2.From the immigration office, obtain an application form, which form can be downed from respective embassy websites like http://www.cameroon-embassy.nl/?page_id=115 and http://cameroon.travisa.com/VisaInstructions.aspx?CitizenshipID=US&CountryID=CM&TravelerTypeID=TO&ResidenceID=US&PartnerID=TA
3. Make sure to fill out the form thoroughly and accurately, and ensure that the form has been dated and signed
4. Complete all required payments
5. Complete all necessary documents and add them to the application form.
6. Send your application to the Cameroon consulate, embassy or to the High Commission.
Apply In Online
USA residents can also apply on line by visiting http://cameroon.visahq.com/ and click on the prompt apply online. The prompt will lead to an application form at https://www.visahq.com/profiles.php where all fields must be filled accurately. After filling in the form, ensure that all data is saved before you proceed to the next step. The system takes applicants through the process of applying
Documents that are required Applying for a Tourist Visa
1. A valid passport(for you and anyone else accompanying you)
2. A Health Card (for you and anyone else accompanying you)
3. Police clearance certificate
4. Certificate of insurance
5. Two (2) recent passport-size photos
6. A letter of invite from a family member / friend from Cameroon
7. International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
8. Flight itinerary
9. A proof of reserves (Recent account statement from the bank)
10. Marriage certificate (if you’re travelling with a spouse)
11. Documentation of the relationship between dependants and parents (if there are any)
Office Locations and Contacts
Cameroon Embassades, High Commissions or Consulate Office in any country
Ministry of External Relations
Phone: +237 222 03026
Fax: +237 222 00133
What Are All The Eligibility
Foreigners who are interested in visiting Cameroon for the purpose of a touring, visiting family or friends
The costs for each business visa are listed the following:
1. Three (3) months at a cost of US$57.
2. Visa for tourists valid up to six (6) months at a cost of US$114.
3. Tourist visas to US residents valid for three (3) months at a cost of US$141.
4. Tourist visas is available to US residents valid for six (6)months at a cost of US$275.
Valid for 30 days.
1. The applicant should not have intention of conducting trade in this country.
2. A valid passport must be presented with one blank page
3. It is advised to apply for an entry visa prior to traveling;
4. Always make sure to use the designated entry points for entering Cameroon.
5. Be aware that the immigration department may refuse entry, even if a person has a visa
6. Materials that are dangerous or hazardous are prohibited in Cameroon;
7. You must be prepared to obey any laws of this country.
8. Always review the instructions based on the goal of the journey Cameroon
The Information You Need
- Name of the applicant
- Marital status
- The purpose of the visiting
- Travel dates
- The duration of your stay in the country
- Information about the people that whom the applicant is traveling with to Cameroon
- The financial standing of the applicant
- Information about where you will be staying during your stay in Cameroon
Documentation is needed
Tourist visas in Cameroon is granted for foreigners wanting to visit the country for a short period of for leisure. Cameroon consulates, embassies and the high commission are the sole authorized institutions for issuance of Cameroon visas to various countries.
Information that could be helpful
- In the event that a visa applications are denied the applicant will be informed within 24 hours of the decision by the responsible authority, who in turn informs that authority to the Directorate of Border Police.
- For countries in which Cameroon does not have a diplomatic representative Visas are issued at entry points.
- If the applicant travels with an infant, he / must bring all of the documents listed below:
- Notarized support letter
- The letter has to be signed jointly in the presence of both parents, or guardians. in the letter, parents or legal guardians must be in agreement with the trip, and indicate who will travel together with their children.
- Passports of the parents or guardians
- It is important to note this Cameroon Embassies as well as Consular Offices are the only authorized Cameroon
- Government agencies can issue Cameroon visas in another country.
- Notarized support letter
Other uses for the document/certificate
1. It permits visitors to move for free within the country.
2. It is not uncommon to see an increase in revenue in the country, as foreigners engage in leisure or tourism activities.
3. It ensures that everyone who arrives in the country is properly legally authorized and therefore ensures security.