How To Cancel Passport of a Deceased Relative In Antigua and Barbuda
- It’s not a requirement however it is recommended that the Passport Office recommends that a family member or executor of the deceased passport holder return the passport to cancel it. A passport cancellation will stop other individuals who use the passport for fraud. To cancel the passport , the person who died be required to send an application to the department of passports that requests the cancellation or returned (or destruction) of the passport.
- The applicant will also need to show an authentic copy of their death certificate.
- The agent will review your request and return your passport following the processing.
Documents that are required Cancel Passport of a Deceased Relative
- Valid passport
- The death certificate must be certified. certificate.
- A letter asking for the cancellation or the return (or the destruction) to the person who issued the passport.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of ImmigrationLong and Thames Streets, St. John’s, Antigua
Tel: (268)-562-1387, 562-1389
Local Fax: (268)-562-1388
Fax to overseas: (268)-562-1388
Antigua and Barbuda Passport Office is a Department of the Ministry of the Prime Minister. It is situated on the Queen Elizabeth Highway.
Information that could be helpful
It’s not a requirement however there is a recommendation from the Passport Office recommends that a family member or executor of the deceased passport holder send the passport back for cancellation. A passport cancellation will stop others in the future from using it to perpetrate fraud.