Change Your Name (Deed Poll) In Mozambique By Online
- Get all the necessary documents when making an application for a change in name.
- Send in your application with the other required documents.
- When the new name, or surname has been accepted then you are able to proceed with the process of registering the new surname.
Required Documents For Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
- Certificate of criminal record
- Request addressed by the Minister for Justice
- The application should be addressed to the Registrar.
- Identification Card (original and photocopy)
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Justice. Julius Kyerere, 33,
Tel: 21490940, 21497283,
Fax: 21487853, 21494264
National Directorate of Registries and Notaries
Vladmir Lenin Avenue, No. 565-1, 2nd floor,
Fax: 314 940
Cell: 823 209 340
Contacts from the Ministries
Contacts of the Provincial Government
Many people choose to change their names for various reasons. Maybe you’d like to alter what you call yourself, or you dislike the name your parents chose for you, you’d like to remove that middle name are looking to eliminate any family connections or would like to make a change. It is legal to change your name to your first as well as your middle name, surname or initials or any combination of them.
How to go about changing your name will be contingent on the category you fall into. Change your name following divorce or marriage is easy, whereas changing your name simply because’ may require a bit more effort, but is not difficult and much more simple than it was in the past.
If you want to alter your identity, send an application to the area Superior Court that details the reasons for changing your name. Once the court has approved the petition, you’ll be required to update the information on your Social Security card, driver’s license, and passport.
The Information You Need
- Your name is listed on your birth certificate, citizenship or immigration documents.
- The full name you’re trying to change (if you’re making a change to your identity).
- Birth date and location
- Details about marital status and other details
- Residences for the at least three months
- Address for correspondence
Documentation is needed
If you use or want to use an alternative name to the name you registered There exists no lawful requirement to change your name officially. It is recommended to change your name legally to be able to identify yourself and to show proof of the name change.
Name change typically refers to the legal action of an individual who adopts an identity that is different from the name they had at birth either through marriage or adoption. The procedure and the ease of the name change differs across the jurisdictions.
Information that can be useful
In general, you can legally change your identity to any name you’d like to. However, there are some exceptions however:
- It is not possible to change your name to avoid debt or cover yourself from criminal charges.
- It is not possible to change your name to commit an offense.
- It is not possible to change your name to deceive. It is usually done by taking the name of a celebrity. The courts generally don’t allow this, unless there is convincing evidence that is not connected to the celebrity or the usage of his or her name.
- It is not advisable to choose an uninformed name which includes punctuation marks or numerals. Some courts have allowed individuals to spell out numbers, like “Seven” rather than “7”.
- You shouldn’t pick names that could be intimidating people, offend or be considered to be obscene.
- It is impossible to pick a racial slur.
Other uses for the document/certificate
You might want you to alter your name due to:
- You just got married
- You’ve been divorced
- If you just want to make a change
- If adoption is the case,
Portal for Mozambique’s Government of Mozambique
Directory of Ministries and the addresses of their websites
Most important you can do to legally alter you name legally is begin using the new name. Introduce yourself with the new identity, complete applications and forms under the new address, inform all your family and friends to speak to you under your new name. Also, inform your employer or school of your new name.