Check Voter Registration Status in Nigeria By Yourself
- To verify the status of voter registration on the spot, the voter is required to go to the closest polling station in the home area.
- The polling units that are located in your local area can be identified using the Polling Unit Locator Tool in the below Polling Unit Locator link
- Click the link, and then select your state, local government Area, and Ward by using the drop-down menus for each after which click the “Search” click.
- Locate a polling station near you in the list of units and then make a trip to the polling station.
- Please provide your birth date as well as your Voter’s Identity Number (VIN) to the appropriate official at the center.
- They will confirm your Registration status to you and help locate your registration.
- To verify voter Registration status online, the voter needs go to the online status page
- Follow the link and select the option that you’d like to confirm your status of your registration.
- Choose either “Check Status By Using Your Birth Date” choice or “Check Status using Your VIN” option.
- The appropriate tab will be opened. Fill in the necessary information in the appropriate fields, and then click “Check the status” button.
- After that, your registration details will be shown on the screen, and you will be able to make use of it.
Documents Required For Check Voter Registration
Date of birth/Voter ID Number
Office Locations and Contacts
INEC Headquarters,Independent National Electoral Commission,
Plot 436, Zambezi Crescent,
Website: homepage link
Google map link
What are all the Eligibility
Any citizen of Nigeria that has been registered as a voter is eligible to apply.
The service is completely free.
The Voter Identification Number/Date Of Birth
The Document is required
The process of checking the voter’s Registration status is mandatory in the event that a voter wants to locate the registration of his/her choice.