De-registration of a Community Based Organisation (CBO) in Nigeria By Yourself
- In order to apply for the de- registration of an Community Based Organization in person applicants must apply to the Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) Branch of the Federal Ministry of Education.
- The contact information and address are listed on the following link: contact link
- The Ministry office with a signed application to de-register an organization that is a Community Based Organization.
- Check to see if you have all the required documents under the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Include the necessary documents in the completed application.
- After that, you must send the application form to the authority responsible at an office to complete further steps.
- After submission is successful, you must make payment for the application and the de-registration process according to the instructions of the officials.
- Once the agency has received the payment after receipt of the stipulated payment, the agency will begin the process of assessing the application and verifying the documents attached.
- If the application along with the attached documents are considered to be adequate and sufficient, the authorities will then issue the deregistration notice.
- After all the required steps are completed, the candidate will be notified by email or by phone to obtain the de-registration notice, along with that the CBO will be removed out of the Registry.
Documents Required For o De-registration of a Community
- Written application
- Certificate of Registration which is active at the date of application
- The reason for the statement
- Minutes of the meeting in which the decision was adopted
- A list of the directors and board of trustees as well as their identification documents.
- Organizational members list and the copies of their ID documents
- Documentation of payment
- Any supporting document (as required)
Office Locations and Contacts
Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) Branch,Federal Ministry of Education
Federal Secretarial Phase III,
Zip Code: 900242
Tel: +234 903 0009 912, +234 903 0009 913
Site: homepage link
Google map link
What are all the Eligibility
- Every Community Based Organization in Nigeria that is no longer operating and requires to dissolve is qualified.
- The applicant must provide an acceptable reason for deregistration.
Contact the office for information on fees.
- The applicants are advised to complete the application form carefully and accurately with perfect clarity and accuracy in order to avoid rejection.
- Furthermore, all necessary documents should be provided in full in order to aid the application process, thereby decreasing the amount of time needed to process as much as is possible.
- Name and address of the applicant
- Identification identification number
- The address and name of the company as well as the company’s name are listed on the location
- Date of incorporation and other information
- Registration Certificate number
- Addresses and names of directors and board of trustees
- Financial particulars
- Company profile
- Bank account details
- Number of the payment receipt
Documentation is needed
In the event that the Community Based Organization in Nigeria has ceased to exist and requires dissolution It must be reported of this to the Federal Ministry and the founder/chairman is required to obtain a notice of Deregistration.