Get License or Register as Ground Instructor and Subject Matter Instructor in Nigeria By Yourself
- The applicant must visit the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority to apply in person for a Subject Matter Instructor or Ground Instructor license.
- You can find the address and contact information of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, (NCAA), at the following link: Contact link
- To request a license as a Subject Matter Instructor or Ground Instructor from the appropriate department, send an application letter to the NCAA office.
- You should ensure that all documents required by this page are available to you.
- Include the necessary documents along with your application form.
- Next, submit your application package to the Director General in person to begin further processes.
- The Authority Inspector will accept the completed application along with the documents.
- If the applicant meets the requirements for the issuance SMI and GI, he/she will receive a payment slip and be directed to pay at a designated Bank.
- The teller is brought to the NCAA cash office, where an official receipt is obtained. This is submitted to the Licensing Directorate.
- Once the document has been completed, the applicant will be notified that the Licence is being collected. The application must present a letter or identification from the company to obtain the Licence.
- A Letter of Denial will be sent to the applicant within 24hrs if the application is not satisfactory. It will inform the applicant about the reasons and give advice on how to fulfill his/her request.
- The applicant must submit any outstanding documents to continue processing.
Documents Required For Get License or Register
- Application letter
- Valid proof of identification
- Documentary proof of age (Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age)
- Photographs of the applicant in passport-size (if required)
- Valid Cabin Crew license
- Certificate of Knowledge on Aeronautical Knowledge
- Completion Certificate of Knowledge Test as described in section 2.2.6 of NCAR
- Receipt/proof of payment
Find Office Locations and Contacts
Lagos Office,Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority,
Murtala Muhammed Airport,
21038 Ikeja Lagos,
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact link: Link, Link
What are all the Eligibility
- An applicant must be at minimum 18 years old and have completed training with an authorized instructor.
- The applicant must pass a knowledge test in the relevant aeronautical knowledge areas for the aircraft category.
- A knowledge test must also be passed on certain areas of teaching, as per section 2.2.6 of NCAR Link.
For details on fees, please contact the authorities.
Ground instructor licenses are valid for 2 years.
Within 72 hours, GI and SMI licenses are issued.
- To be accepted by the Authority, it is essential that all information on the form be complete and legible.
- To avoid rejections, make sure you attach all required documents.
- Name of the applicant
- Age and date of birth
- Physical details
- Identification card number
- Specifics about the aircraft
- Physical and email address
- Contact details
- Number of the payment receipt/Transaction ID
- Bank details
You will need the document
Anyone who is eligible to provide Ground Training in the aeronautical knowledge area required for the issuance a student pilot authorisation, private pilot license, or associated ratings, must have a valid license from the NCAA.