How To Getting Married In Anguilla

How To Getting Married In Anguilla

To apply for a wedding license, both of you must attend in person to in person at Court Registry, Judicial Department, Court House Building, P.O. 60 Box, The Valley, Anguilla at least two working days before the date of your wedding. They must submit the necessary documentation along with the any applicable fees.

Documents that are required Getting Married

  • evidence of citizenship, such as the passport of a person who is valid or a birth certificate, driver’s license or birth certificate with a photograph
  • A the death or divorce certificate are required by those who are planning to re-marry.

Office Locations and Contacts

The RegistrarJudicial Department of the Anguilla Government
Tel: (264) 497 2377/3347
Fax: (264) 497 5420)

What Are All The Eligibility

  • In order to get legally married on Anguilla you must reside within the territory for at least 48 hours. This is required to be able to apply for a marriage certificate at the Court Registry.
  • Each of them must be of the age of 18 or older.
  • If a person is under 18 years old The consent must be given.


  • EC$100.00 or its equivalent to US$37.20 worth of Anguilla stamps that can be purchased at Anguilla’s General Post Office in Anguilla.
  • A payment of EC$650.00 or its equivalent to US$241.80 which is the cost for the Marriage certificate.


  • Each couple must visit the Court Registry two days (the the earliest) before the date of the wedding to apply for a marriage certificate.
  • If a person is under 18 years of age the consent form must be provided.
  • The requirement for two witnesses is that they be present.
  • If you are planning to get married in Anguilla you can contact the Magistrate on 264-497-2377, or 264-497-377.

Documentation is needed

Marriage is the method that allows two people who are in love declare their love public as well as permanent.

In Anguilla the Anguilla Islands, couples or parties who plan to get married can choose between two options:

  • The Magistrate in the Court House or
  • Through a minister of religion who is an authorized Marriage Officer in Anguilla.

External Links

Getting Married:

How To Getting Married In Anguilla
How To Getting Married In Anguilla

Leave a Comment