Register Birth (Health Care Institution) In Belize By Online
- In order to register a birth which was held in a health care establishment, the person who was present during the delivery is responsible for the obligation to fill out the birth Notification form and send this form to the Clerk of Statistical to be used for birth registration.
- There is no fee to be paid for registration. Hospital Administration will ensure that parents are not bound by any additional rules in connection with this registration process.
- Children that were raised in institutions for private children will be notified to get in touch with the District Statistical Clerk for process of registering births.
- It is important to fill out the Birth Registration form should be filled in two parts. In private institutions, the original must be handed to the parent of the child to be delivered by the District Health Information Unit in order to register the birth.
- When the form for live birth registration The official who registers births will present the certificate of birth registration for the parents of the baby.
- The application for birth certificates of any live birth may be completed in any District Health Information Unit.
If you’re outside Belize
You can use the contact information that is listed under “Office Locations & Contacts” section to connect with the closest Embassy of Belize in the country in which you’re currently in. The consular service department of the Embassy can assist you to you with the process of registering your birth of your child in Belize.
Required Documents For Register Birth (Health Care Institution)
- Form for Birth Notification that is completed
Office Locations and Contacts
Vital Statistics Unit
Belmopan Hospital, Belmopan City
New Road and Hydes Lane, Belize City
Tel: +(501)-223-5625/ 7405
It is the duty of the health care facility or a professional (Medical Doctor or Nurse, Midwife traditional Birth Attendant ) who assist with the live birth for them to see that Registry of the Birth takes place prior to the time that the child is released from the hospital and within 7 (7) day of his life if birth takes place outside of an institution of health.
There is no fee to be paid on account of registration.
Registration of births that occur within one month of the delivery date is considered to be the late-birth registration.
Late registration fee: $5.00 BZ