Obtain a CAPS Trader Identification Number In Bermuda By Yourself
- For services that are available on a walk-in basis for walk-in services, go to the Customs head office and visit to the Customs Automated Processing System (CAPS) section.
- Make an application and complete it with the complete details
- Complete the form and send it in the CAPS team to be verified and processed
- You must provide an email address with a valid address to facilitate communications between you and CAPS
- After your application has been processed you will receive your CAPS ID number at the email address you supplied.
- To apply electronically, download CAPS ID application CAPS ID form online via the Government of Bermuda site: www.gov.bmor save the form from the following link: form
- Print the form and then fill it in accurately
- Enter an email address with a valid address to communicate with CAPS. CAPS and add it to the application form.
- Complete the application and send it complete application to Department of customs thorough the email address listed in the “Office Contacts & Contacts” section.
- After your application has been processed you will receive your CAPS ID number through your email address that you have provided.
Required Documents For Obtain a CAPS Trader Identification Number
- Complete the Application Form
- Identification documents
- Valid email address
Office Locations and Contacts
40 Front Street
Hamilton HM 12
Telephone: (441) 295-4816
Fax: (441) 295-5392
- If you plan on importing or exporting goods , you need to request a Customs Automated Process System Identification Number (CAPS ID)
- The application is free
Documents to Utilize
- The CAPS ID Registration form Form
You can get it on the within the same day or in some situations it might take a several days.
- It is essential to supply an email address to confirm that the application to register was successful in order that Customs will be able to notify you of your CAPS ID. Applications with no valid email address are rejected.
- The CAPS ID will be unique to every importer, and must be mentioned on any document presented to the Customs Department. Customs Department
The Document is required
- A trader’s CAPS identification number will be utilized for custom declarations as well as other situations where the identity of the trader needs to be verified in Bermuda.
- Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda