How To Obtain a Drivers License In Argentina
- In order to be eligible for a driver’s license applicants must attend an theory-based and practical driving class.
- Gather all the documents you’ll require to obtain a permit (ID or medical certificate)
- After you have completed your course you can apply for and sit the tests necessary for the granting to you the licence. Candidates must successfully pass theory and practical course, as well as the equivalent psychophysical exam, as well as three (3) capacity and knowledge tests.
- Apply for a job and send it along with any other necessary documents and pay the necessary fees.
Notice: If you failed, you’ll need to wait for 30 days before you are able to retake the test. The applicants are given three opportunities to take the driver test.
Documents that are required Obtain a Drivers License
- The completed application form
- Original and a copy of ID
- CeNAT Certificate issued by the National Registry of Background Traffic regarding penalties and offenses on occasions of road traffic. more detailed reports on the requested category
- Medical certificate
- Initial applicants must provide evidence that they have completed a theory-based and practical driving training
- The evidence that the applicant has completed all the tests required to grant an authorization (theory as well as practical)
Office Locations and Contacts
National Road Safety AgencyAv Brasil 55 11 Piso – C1063AAA
Phone: + 54 (011) 5295-2400
Places where you can obtain a license
What Are All The Eligibility
Drivers License: National Drivers License:
- Age 21: For classes C D and E
- 17 years old: to take the rest of the classes
- 16 years old: to ride mopeds
Notice: Schedule of age specifications for different classes of vehicles
The cost varies based on the location from which you’re obtaining your license.
Note: Places where you can obtain a license
The Argentina’s National Driver’s License may be issued for a maximum duration which is 5 (5) year. Its validity may be lessened by the person that issues it based on the circumstances of the license holder and in accordance with guidelines set out in the National Highway Traffic Safety Agency.
Seguridad Vial (National Road Safety Agency) is the agency to issue National Drivers Licenses across Argentina’s municipalities, provinces, and provinces, as well as within the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires.
A A: For tricycles, mopeds, and tricycles.
- A.1: 50cc mopeds on the road.
- A.2.1 The following applies to motorcycles (including tricycles and mopeds) with up to 150cc displacement. **A.2.2 Motorbikes (including tricycles and mopeds) starting at 150 cc and up to 300 cc displacement.
- A.3 3: Motorcycles (including tricycles and mopeds) with displacements of more than 300cc
- A.4 Motorbikes (including tricycles and mopeds) any displacement mentioned in the previous paragraphs of this classification, which are used to transportation of all commercial and industrial activities.
BFor automobiles and commercial vehicles with trailers weighing up to 750kgs
- B1: Vehicles trucks, vans, and motorized RV’s that weigh up to 3,500 kg. in weight total.
- B2: Vans and cars with a weight of up to 3,500kg. The trailer’s weight can be up to 750kg. or non-motorized trailer
C Trucks without trailers, and classified as class B. Semi-trailer trucks or trailers without trailers , motor homes that weigh more than 3,500 kg. in weight total. Also, motor weight is part of the B1 class.
D Emergency and security vehicles, passenger service as well as vehicles of the class B or C depending on the situation.
- D.1 1: Automotive service passenger of up to 8 people as well as vehicles in the class B.1.
- D.2 Service vehicles can carry more than eight passengers as well as vehicles of class B, C, and D.1;
- D.3 3: Emergency service vehicles and similar.
E for hinged, or trailers, excluding agricultural machinery or trucks in class C and B.
- E.1 The following are articulated trailers and trucks and vehicles belonging to Class B and C
- E.2 Machineries that are not utilized in farms.
- E.3 vehicles that are utilized to transport hazardous cargoes.
F motor vehicles that can be utilized to transport persons who are disabled. Automotive classes B or professionals if appropriate tailored to meet the requirements of the disabled driver. Drivers who wish to get the license must apply for it personally. apply to be licensed and then show their vehicle (customized or equipped to meet their requirements) they plan to use.
G Farm tractors, agricultural tractors as well as machinery.
- G1: Tractors for agriculture.
- G2: Special agriculture machines.
Note: Places where you can obtain a license
Documentation is needed
A driver’s license is a legally valid certificate issued by the government. It certifies a person’s capability to operate a motorized automobile like a motorcycle or car, truck or bus, on a roadway that is public. The laws governing the issuance of licenses differ across jurisdictions.
- Seguridad Vial Website: