Obtain a Fishing License In Uganda By Yourself
- For an application for fishing licence in Uganda the applicant must get in touch with to the Department of Fishering , Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries.
- The application must be submitted for the position of Executive Director of the UIA using Form UIA 1. (obtainable at the UIA).
- It is accessible for an expense at Shs.1,500 with no processing charge.
- When the application is completed and the authorities are satisfied with the paperwork provided, the fishing permit will be issued.
- The following are contact details which can be used to :
- Department of Fishering , Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
- Phone: +256 414 320 006
- Physical address: Lugard Avenue Entebbe
- The postal address is: P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
- Jurisdiction: National
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operating hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (excluding the public holidays and weekends)
- Instructions for Getting There: View Directions
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Fishering , Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and FisheriesPhone +256 414 321 016
Physical address: Lugard Avenue Entebbe
The postal address is: P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Mail Address: email@example.com
Operating hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (excluding holidays and weekends)
Instructions for Getting There: View Directions
- Be a participant in a Beach Management Unit (BMU).
- Fishers (Barriers) must be at least 18 years old.
- Possess legal fishing gear and equipment.
- Work permit issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Documents to Utilize
Documents that are usable : Documents To Use
Application for permission to ENGAGE in FISHING ACTIVITIES
(a) (a) Full name and address of the owner: ..
(b) (b) Age as well as sexuality ..
(d) (d) Name of BMU: ..
(e) The purpose of the application
(f) Company name: .
(g) (g) Attach BMU recommendations (h) Attach a photograph and a copy of any ID
2. Fishing activity is applied for-(Tick when appropriate)
(a) Registering of the fishing vessel
(c) Processing that is artistically done
(d) Building boats
(e) Industrial processing
(g) Appliance Importation/ manufacturing
(h) Trade in regional fish
(i) (iii) Other (Please specify the your activity)
(i) The type of vessel…
(ii) The length of the the boat
(iii) (iii) Type and number of fishing devices that are used
(iv) Type of propulsion employed: Paddle or sailOutboard Engine/Inboard
(v) Engine HPMake..Serial No
(vi) The type of species of fish being targeted
(i) Attach Health certificate for the activity described as per 2. (b), (c), (e), (f) and (h)
(ii) Per day
(iii) Life-saving equipment (State the equipment you use).
(l) The type of facility for storage.
(i) for boat building Name and address of the yard.
(ii) Material type that is used in construction
(iii) (iii) Number of boats constructed per year.. Processing
(i) The type of smoke establishment.
(ii) Capacity of processing per year
(iii) Actual year-round processed amount..
(v) Include an affidavit that you will not violate any law on fisheries.
(i) Vehicle/ Vessel inspection certificate…(attach recent copies)
(ii) (iii) Registration No.
(p) Attach a copy of annual return
3. I/WE Hereby certify that: To the my best knowledge, the above details are
correct. Application fee of 10,000$ /= Non-refundable
Date of signature of applicant
4. To be used for official purposes (Recommendation by the Chief Fisheries Officer or an authorized licensing officer
(on refusal or acceptance of application)
(a) A) has not been either approved or not.
(b) Arguments against accepting.
Name of the Licensing Officer Authorised to Issue Date of Signature
(Original for Licensee)
(Duplicate for Commissioner Fisheries) OFFICIAL STAMP
(Triplicate to be kept within the text)
The document is needed
This guideline provides details on how to obtain a the fishing license in Uganda. Ugandas fishing industry has seen a significant growth in recent times and its current export earnings amount to $100 million annually.
Massive fresh water expanses that are ranked 7th in the world contain a large assortment of fish-based products. Opportunities exist to grow fish and the setting up more factories for processing fish on lakes aside from Lake Victoria. Ugandas fishing is considered to be a rare delicacy in Europe and is now making its way into to the US market.
For purposes of compliance: permits, licenses and registrations are used for the purpose of informing authorities granting licenses that the company is operating and is compliant with the safety, soundness and tax requirements for the authorities.
to regulate the distribution pattern of fish and products from fish to international, regional as well as local markets, and to increase traceability capabilities of the authority issuing it.