Obtain a New Motor Vehicle Dealership or Authorized Distributor Approval Certificate In Benin By Online
- It is recommended to visit at the Ministry of Industry and Commerce office. Administrative Secretariat of the Ministry Find the office address and contact information below. details on the address and contact number and
- Take all the necessary forms for application in the office at front, and complete them correctly.
- Attach all documents required (listed below under the Required Documents section below) and
- The application file must be reviewed and recorded by the personnel who will be attending who will send you a treasure slip.
- The application file will be sent to the Head of the Administrative Secretariat officer for further review, approval, and then signing by the minister.
- Once the process is completed, that takes within 8 to 11 days, the authorization document/certificate will be given to applicants in the Administrative Secretariat of the Ministry at the front desk.
- Re- visit the office with your National identity card and the received treasure slip and claim the authorization document/certificate.
Required Documents For Obtain a New Motor Vehicle Dealership or Authorized Distributor Approval Certificate
- A letter sent to the minister responsible for trade (original plus a simple duplicate)
- Status of the company (original with simple copies)
- A copy of the register for trade as well as credit for property that is movable (simple copy)
- IFU registration certificate (simple copy)
- Tax certificate valid for when it was filed or declaration of tax exemption (simple duplicate)
- Receipt of the payment of contributions in the CNSS (simple copy)
- Receipt for payment of CCIB Contributions (simple copy)
- Documents proving the existence the hall for an event, storage warehouse which contains a lot of spare parts as well as an After-Sales Service Garage (plain duplicate)
- Concession or representation contracts signed with an authorized manufacturer dealer (an authentic replica)
- Residence permit valid for foreign nationals (simple duplicate)
- Importer card (plain copy)
- Identification photo of the applicant (2 originals)
- Identification document
Office Locations and Contacts
MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY and COMMERCE
Address: Route de l’Aeoroport, Cotonou
Tel: +229 21 30 76 45 / +229 21 30 76 47
Hours of operation: Mon-Fri, 8:30-12:30; 15:00-18:30
- Any person carrying out business of buying/selling/importing Motor Vehicles/ Trailers in Benin, has an obligation to apply for the approval certificate.
- There are no fees associated with the service.
- The processing time is between 8 to 11 days
- The full names of the person applying for or dealing with
- Contact details
- The National Identity Card number
- The location of the company or business
- The address of residence of the business or applicant
- The applicant’s signature on the declaration|*|””}
- IFU registration certificate number
- Valid Tax certificate details
- Residential permit details
The document is needed
- Motor vehicle Dealership Authorization approval document/certificate is issued to motor vehicle dealer, who wish to deal with selling/buying/importation of motor vehicle/trailers business in Benin, to enable them to apply for a dealership license from the competent authority, so as to be able to operate as a certified motor vehicle dealer..
- Benin Business Portal: Link