Obtain a Passport (For Adults) In Norway By Online
How to apply for an identity card
- Visit the passport office and complete your application for an identity card.
- Passport offices have biometric kiosks, which can capture the photo of the applicant which will be used to create the passport. In certain instances, it is required to carry your passport picture.
- It may be challenging for people with disabilities to use the equipment in the passport office. People with large wheelchairs may not be able in the biometric kiosks and those in regular wheelchairs may be too small to be able to use the camera. Anyone who falls into those categories, it is recommended to contact the passport office ahead of time to get practical advice on the signature, photo and fingerprint.
- You must give up your old passport if you’re applying for an upgrade to your passport or renewing your expired or expired passport.
- If you are affixing your signature to your passport the signature should be written using Latin letters. The using special symbols like smiley faces or a flower isn’t allowed by passport authorities.
Collecting your passport
- In the passport application form how you’d like to get your passport. You may get the passport sent to you, or pick it up directly by the police.
- If your passport was lost through the post, promptly inform the police immediately. This will get documented in the central registry of passports and it will be able to prevent any misuse. If you experience this then you can apply for a new passport , free without cost.
- The passports are all sent via regular mail. It is considered secure because the passport is secure from counterfeiting and tampering.
- Due to the large quantity of passport applications in the summer months The processing of passports may take longer than the normal of 10 days. Make sure to apply for your passport ahead of time, but ideally at least three weeks prior to the date you plan to travel.
- If you do not receive an official passport by the deadline of 10 working day (working days) then you should notify the police so that a replacement passport can be requested. If you truly need to travel internationally then the passport office could issue an emergency passport at no cost. These passports cannot be used to gain entry into United States. United States.
Required Documents For Obtain a Passport (For Adults)
An authentic identification:
- Valid Norwegian driver’s license or another similarly secure photo IDs as well as personal identification like credit cards that have a photos
- Letter or certificate confirming the applicant’s nationality
- Passport that is old, even though it expired less than three months in the past (for renewal)
Be aware that if you are not able to show the validity of your Norwegian passport, or one which expired less than three months ago, the police could ask you to present a person (Norwegian citizens) who is able to verify by writing your name and address.
Photograph of Passport:
- You’ll have to bring your passport photo for biometric kiosks do not work. The requirements for photos:
- The image should be properly exposed and of good quality.
- The photo could be color or black and white.
- The photo should not be more than six months old.
- Size of photo – 35 inches x 45 inches
- The photograph should take place from front (focus on the eyes) with an uncolored background
- The photograph must include the entire head and shoulders and no shadow
- The face should be covering 70-80 percent of the frame. for instance, the distance from the face to the chin needs to be at minimum 30 millimeters
- Eyes should be opened and clear, eyes must not be covered with hair.
- Both chins, foreheads as well as both cheeks, are evident
- The mouth should be shut
- Glasses should be removed prior to taking the picture
- Also, you should remove your hair accessories when you take the picture. (Caps, hats, hair bands, scarves etc.)
- If you are required to wear headgear due to religious reasons or for other legitimate reasons like medical reasons or illness, the passport office might permit it in the event that you’ll wear similar headwear in control in the future. Be sure that your headgear isn’t covering any portion of the face , or more than is necessary.
- The hairband is a thin, unobtrusive band pulled well away off the face. They won’t be visible in the photo.
- Hairpins are a possibility, insofar as they do not be used to cover the face.
Office Locations and Contacts
- Norwegian Citizens
- Applicants must possess an Norwegian identity number
Passport Fee KR 350 (for older than the age of 16)
The passport fee with cash or with the debit card (credit card payments aren’t accepted)
A passport is valid only for as long as the person who holds it can be identified by the photo on the passport and also as it remains not damaged or altered.
Validity of passports (for persons who are under 16 years old)
- 2 years
- Five to ten years of age: 3 years
- Between 10 and 16 years old 5 years old
Passports are usually issued within 10 working days following the submission of an the application.
The Document is required
Passports are a form of identification issued by the nation’s government. It proves the nationality and identity of the holder in order to travel to other countries. It includes information regarding the holder’s name as well as gender, date of birth and birthplace.
The passport does not alone grant the person who holds the passport admission into a different country, nor does it confer consular protection during travel, or any other rights. It does, however, permit the passport holder to be returned to their country in which the passport was issued.
The right to consular protection stems through international treaties. the return of the holder to the country of issue is contingent upon the laws that govern the country.
The following are steps to follow to apply for a passport that is suitable for adults.
Information that could be helpful
There is usually a long line at passport offices during April and August. If you can, apply before or after these times. It is also recommended that you apply for a passport at an official police station within your local area.
- Norwegian Police Website: