How to Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet) In Barbados

Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet) In Barbados

  1. Examine your pet by a licensed veterinarian: You will need to be examined by a licensed veterinarian. A few of the documents you’ll have to provide upon arrival of your pet at Barbados is issued by your veterinarian. Your vet is also the person who issues the pet’s passport.
  2. If you’re outside Barbados: You may make use of the information under “Office Locations and Contacts” to connect with the closest Embassy of Barbados in the country where you currently reside. The Embassy might be in a position to give you information on pet passports as well as import permits for pets.
  3. When you are arranging for transporting your pet: Be sure you have all of the required documents, and get to the official in charge of the import/export of live animals within the country from which your pet will be arriving from and Barbados. If you’re considering flying along with your dog, you can consider contacting the airline’s company. They might be able to give further information regarding pet passports and ways you can take your pet with you abroad.
  4. Veterinary Services Administration : An import permit has to get from the Chief Veterinarian Officer prior the importation of any animal reptiles, birds and other animals. A veterinarian must inspect your pet prior to being permitted to leave the customs zone. Contact the Department of Agriculture’s Veterinary Services Office to know more about transit permits as well as health certificates and live animal import permit.

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Agriculture

The Ministry of Agriculture Ministry of Agriculture
Christ Church

Telephone: 246-535-5000
Fax: 246-535-5257/8

Veterinary Services
Ministry of Agriculture
The Pine
St. Michael, BB11091

Telephone:(246) 535-0221 (246) 535-0226

Veterinarian Assistance: (246) 429-2143
Veterinary Services Laboratory: (246) 426-7517

Barbados – Embassies Abroad


The Veterinary Services Administration is the person responsible for the following:

  • Veterinary Sanitary Export Health Certificates
  • Passenger (Personal) Permits
  • Transit Permits
  • Live Animal Import Permits

External Links

Ministry of Agriculture – Veterinary Services Department

Leave a Comment