Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet) In Bermuda By Online
- Visit your veterinarian for an official health certificate and vet reports within 10 days after your animal’s arrival. If your animal is arriving out of within the United Kingdom, visit the local Veterinary Inspector within 5 days of departure to obtain the export license.
- The link is located under the “Documents to Use” section where you can fill out the form.
- Fax or E-MAIL the documents for veterinary use in the direction of Department of Environment and Natural Resources Animals, Veterinary Services Section (contact information are listed in the application form). Response to the Import Permit is expected to come via email or fax usually within a business day. Be sure your FAX number is listed when you fill out the request form. A version of the Import Permit as well as the ORIGINAL veterinarian certificates are required to accompany the animal at the time of arrival.
If you’re outside Bermuda It is possible to utilize the contact information provided under “Office Contacts and Locations” to connect with the closest Embassy of Bermuda in the country where you currently reside. The Embassy may assist you to complete your request for an import license of your animal.
Before you decide for transporting your pet: Be sure you have all the necessary documents and have gotten to the authorities that is responsible for the import and export of live animals within the country from which your pet will be arriving from and within Bermuda. If you’re thinking of traveling together with your dog, be able to contact the airline’s company. They could be able provide further information on transporting your pet.
Required Documents For Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
You must submit true and exact documentation of the following:
- Your pet is implanted with a microchip which is read using a typical microchip scanner, i.e. ISO, FECAVA, European/International or AVID-USA chip.
- A veterinary health certificate is issued within 10 days of you arrive in Bermuda and stating that the animal isn’t affected by any disease that is communicable or has parasites from the outside. The health certificate has to be signed by a licensed veterinarian. It must include the following details:
- Name, birth date description, breed, name and microchip identification for pet;
- Owner at present;
- Ownership of the property in Bermuda and address
- A veterinarian’s statement that identifies details of preparation that was used during the examination that is believed to possess residual activity for ticks e.g. FrontLine Top Spot, Ovitrol, Sectrol, K9 Advantix, Vectra 3D, Proticall, Kiltix, Defend Ex-Spot, Promeris for Dogs. Note: Advantage, Sentinel, Revolution, Selamectin, Capstar Bio-Spot Promeris for Cats, Comfortis Shampoos and collars don’t qualify.
- A veterinarian’s statement that, in the best way that is determined by your knowledge and questions the animal hasn’t experienced a rabies infection or was it in a declared rabies-free zone within the last six months.
- This does not apply to dogs or cats that are imported directly in Jamaica, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand or Jamaica: The history of rabies vaccinations, which includes the minimum of two shots as well as proof that the rabies vaccines are administered through a certified veterinarian and in line with all the required conditions. The animal:
- When he reaches or has reached the age of 3 months, they have received an rabies vaccination
- Have received a second rabies vaccine 6 to 12 months after the initial vaccine for rabies;
- There haven’t been any significant absences of vaccinations;
- The most recent vaccination was administered at least 30 daysprior to the date of vaccination, and not longer than 12 months before the date of arrival.
- This rule does not apply to dogs or cats who are originating in Canada or the Continental USA or Canada: The animal was not placed within 30 miles or less of foot and Mouth disease during the past 30 days.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Health and Seniors
Department of Environment and Natural Resources Animals
P.O. Box HM 834
Hamilton CX Hamilton
(441) 236 4201
Government of Bermuda London Office
6. Arlington Street,
Tel: 020 7518 9900 Fax: 020 7518 9901
British embassies consulates, high commissions, or consulates overseas
There are some restrictions regarding the importation of dogs of certain breeds.
- Breeds that are prohibited Breeds with restricted access
- American Pit Bull Terrier: Akita
- American Bulldog: Australian Cattle Dog
- American Staffordshire Terrier: Belgian Malinois
- Argentine mastiff (Dogo Argentino): Bouvier des Flandres
- Boerboel (South African Mastiff) Bull Terrier
- Brazilian Mastiff (Fila): Bullmastiff
- Cane Corso Chow Chow
- Neapolitan Mastiff: Doberman Pinscher
- Presa Canario: Dogue de Bordeaux
- Tosa Inu: German Shepherd
- Wolf: Mastiff English
- Wolf Hybrid: Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Any Cross that is a result of the following:
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- The dogs are prohibited to import, breed,, or used in breeding.
- Restricted: Dogs can be kept or imported after the requirements for their keeping have been met by the new keeper/importer. Breeds that are of these breeds can be bred after the approval of a Breeders’ Permit. Any new acquisitions of these dogs require prior approval.
- Rare, exotic or unusual breed can be denied permission to be admitted to Bermuda or be used for breeding purposes despite its absence from the above list.
Import permits are valid only for 10 days following the date of the vet certificate.
Documents to Utilize
Application for Importing Dogs and Cats
Importation of cat or dog:
- Animals that arrive in Bermuda require an import permit as well as an original veterinary health certificate.
- You must also prove that your animal is in compliance with all requirements for import before an import permit can be issued.
Veterinarians are only able to attest to vaccinations administered by themselves, under the direct supervision of their doctor and prior vaccinations supplemented by original vaccination certificates. Veterinarians cannot testify to vaccines that are administered by non-veterinarians, such as breeders or owners.
Pets and kittens under 10 months, as well as cats and dogs of any age who have received a single vaccination against rabies, are not meet the requirements for entry into Bermuda.
The Information You Need
It is possible that the Department of Environment and Natural Resources Animals could ask you to provide information about the reason for importing an animal, as well as the location of the facility where animals will be kept. animal(s) are kept. This is not required when applying. information when applying for the permit.
Residents’ dogs have to get their licenses at the principal department of Department of Environment & Natural Resources, (Botanical Gardens, Paget) within a few hours of arriving.