How To Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate (National Police Check) In Australia
PROCESS for CITIZENS and non CITIZENS of AUSTRALIA AND OVERSEAS. reside in AUSTRALIA and OVERSEAS:
- I. Apply to Australia
- a. Online application (anywhere) to Australia Apply for a police clearance Certificate (National Police check) Online and upload images
- You can apply online through the this URL: Apply online
- On the page you are on follow the prompts and then click “Save and continue” to proceed to the next prompts.
- The applicant must finish the confirmation, verification details, instantID, and results sessions one-by-one with the appropriate prompt.
- The application submitted will be processed by the respective department.
- Certificates will be issued according to according to the applicable norms.
- b. Apply in the person of By Yourself
- The applicant should apply at the appropriate State or Territory police station.
- Link to contact: Australia Police
- Go to the appropriate office.
- Remember to bring the document’s required copy and originals with you in the offices.
- Talk to the authority to discuss your requirements. According to the guidelines of the authorities, you must submit your application with all the supporting documents.
- Applicant is required to pay any costs if necessary as per the instructions.
- II. Applying from outside
- a. By mail
- The applicant must apply via mail by filling out the application form, and attaching all required documents to the following address.
- Link for form: Application
- Once the application and the documents are sent. The appropriate department will process the application and make the certificates.
- This certificate is sent to the person applying to the address indicated in the envelope when applying or delivered in accordance with the norms.
- Address for the mail:
- Australian Federal Police.
- Locked Bag 8550 Canberra City ACT 2601,
- TELEPHONE FROM Australia: (02) 6202-3333
- Tel from other places Contact number: +61 2-6202-3333
Documents that are required Police Clearance Certificate (National Police Check)
Specific to a country
- Address ID.
- Identity document valid (identity card passport, driving license, or passport).
- Your email ID (useful to let you know about problems related to your application.
- Self addressed envelope to be used to be used for the delivery of certificates in the manner required.
- A passport certified copy with entry and exit points.
- A duplicate of your passport when being in Australia.
- A copy of your permission for your stay to Australia as well as your passport number and location of issue.
- Valid proof of citizenship (respective identification cards issued by the the respective country).
- Valid passport.
- Size Passport photograph.
- Birth certificate (as per requirement).
- A valid contact number (applicant is able to be shared).
- Application form: Application
Office Locations and Contacts
What Are All The Eligibility
- A person who has a valid passport as well as an acceptable address proof.
- Age: 18 and over. For minors applicants, the application should be made by the parent with parental authority, even if the minor is not yet 18 yet.
- The location of the applicant should be the same as that on the passport as well as other documents supporting it.
- The applicants must be in need of a residence status, employment, or a long term visas or to be admitted to a foreign country.
- $42.00 to each National Police Check application from a government agency as well as an individual.
- The certificate mentions this on it.
- Validity standards vary between countries.
Documents to Utilize
- Minimum 2 days maximum 15 days.
- Processing times vary according to the country in which it was it was applied.
Applications are available in the participating Australia Post outlets or online. Once completed, submit the completed form, along with the fee for application and 100 identification points at the of the participating Australia Post outlet.
For information on how to get certification from an overseas law enforcement or government authority, check the pertinent information for the country.
If you’re required to submit the Australian police clearance certificate due to the fact that you’ve spent over 12 consecutive months within Australia in the past 10 years, then you must fill out this Australian Federal Police (AFP) National Police Check application form that can be downloaded from the AFP website.
For applications that are manually filled out:
- The form must be submitted within three months after you have signed it.
- Make sure to mark the check boxes that are appropriate by crossing (X).
- Be sure to secure all documentation including forms, forms, payments, and proof of identity to your application.
- Check that all necessary information are filled in and the form has been notarized and date.
- The application form should be filled out using block letters (ie capital or uppercase)
- Money orders and bank cheques must be made converted to Australian dollars ($AUD) and must make payable to Australian Federal Police.
- If you pay by bank check, it must originate from the Australian banks or financial institutions which is associated by one of the Australian bank. Personal and Company cheques will not be accepted.
- The correct payment is required to be provided with all applications.
- Do not include self-addressed/stamped envelopes for return of certificates. They are not used or returned.
- Your full name
- Date of Birth
- Payment Details
- Any other names under which you’re known or previously were identified (such in your name as your first name) must be listed fully including names that you have given. Verify that the date of birth is entered correctly.
- A full payment is required with the application. It is possible to pay with Visa, Mastercard or American Express. If you prefer to use a hand filled application, you can pay with a bank cheque that must be made in Australian dollars, or by money purchase through Australia Post. Personal and Company Cheques will not be accepted. Do not make cash payments. Applications that contain in error amounts won’t be considered.
- Documents proving identification that amount to 100 points are required. Information about the points assigned to the identification documents are given in the application procedure. DO NOT INCLUDE ORIGINAL documents for identification with your application.
- Make sure all the required information include a the signed consent form and copies of ID documents. It is important to note that parental consent is required for applicants who are under 18 years old.
The Document is required Police Clearance Certificate (National Police Check)
An National Police Checks, (NPC) contains an individual’s the outcomes of traffic and criminal courts as well as pending charges classified as being disclosed at the time of applying. The certificate is utilized by a variety of employers and licensing authorities to screen applicants.
Police clearance certificates are a duplicate your criminal record or declaration that you do not have the existence of any record from a criminal background. These certificates differ in every country and territorial jurisdiction and are known as police certificates as well as good conduct certificates. judicial records, pcc, etc. These are given by police departments or government departments and utilized for Citizenship and Immigration to prevent people who pose a risk to security of the country from being allowed into the country.
Apply for your National Police Check online via the ACIC certified provider.