Obtain Citizenship Identity (CID) Card / Special Resident Permit In Bhutan By Online
- Fill out your CID Application form that has been approved by gewog officials as well as civil registration officials of the place of registration.
- The applicants who are applying for their first time need to submit the application to the office of gewog.
- Include a passport-sized photo in the form of application. the office of gewog must mark the photo’s corner.
- Make payment for the fee of application.
- It is possible that the Dzongkhag Civil Registration and Census Office could send the permit/card to the gewog through the Gup.
- The applicant is able to pick up the new CID/SRP from DCRCOor Thromdeor DCRC headquarters, so provided that the applicant specifies the location where they’d like to be able to receive the document on the application form.
Required Documents For Obtain Citizenship Identity (CID) Card / Special Resident Permit
- Completed application form
- Photograph of passport size
Office Locations and Contact s
Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs
Department of Civil Registration and Census
Telephone : +975-2-322301/322015/325173
Address: Post Box No.133 Tashichho dzong
Citizen’s Service Website
People who are registered with DCRC or MOHCA and are 15 or over as of the date of applying can apply for the Citizenship Identity (CID) Card or Special Resident Permit.
The fee is Nu. 100 is due when the application is made. Don’t forget to get you receipt at the agent who collects your payment.
Documents to Utilize
Citizenship Identity (CID) Card/ Special Resident Permit Application Formula
It typically takes around five days to allow to receive the Citizenship Identity (CID) Card / Special Resident Permit be handed over to the applicant.
Applications for the Citizenship Identity (CID) Card or Special Resident Permit may be completed at the following office locations:
- Dzongkhag Civil Registration and Census Office (DCRCO)
- Thromde Administration
- Department of Civil Registration and Census, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs, (MOHCA)
The Information You Need
- Name of applicant in full
- ID No.
- Date of Birth
- How was the citizenship obtained
- Mother Tongue
- Marital Status
- Birthplace of the Child
- Date of marriage
- Status of Literacy
- Highest Education Attained
- Blood Group
- Information about the parents of the applicant
- Information on the applicant’s spouse
Documentation is needed
Citizenship Identification (CID) Card or Special Resident Permit are that are issued through the Government of Bhutan, these documents identify the holder as an official citizens of Bhutan or as a legally registered Bhutanese citizen.
- Citizens Services Website of Bhutan: