Obtain Dog Licence In Bermuda By Online
- You must apply in person to the Department of Environment and Natural Resources to get an animal license.
- Fill out an application along with the fee for application.
- Additional documents:
- If you have imported your dog and/or adopted the dog from a shelter in your area SPCA shelter you need to get a dog’s first licence from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Botanical Gardens, Paget. The dog will be issued with an identification tag for your permanent licence to wear on the collar of your dog or on its harness.
- If you purchased your pet from a different person in the local area (i.e. an animal breeder, seller, or transfer from a previous owner) the dog should have a valid license (tag and the current receipt). If the seller/breeder/transferor cannot provide you with a valid licence, you must not accept the dog.
- A license number will be issued to your pet. The license number given to a pet stays with the animal throughout its entire life, even if the animal is transferred to new owners.
Note: Licences are issued only to dogs with legal status. Dogs that are illegal can be at risk of being confiscated as per the law and their keepers can be prosecuted.
Required Documents For Obtain Dog Licence
- The completed application form
- If you brought your dog into the country adopt it or received it at an nearby SPCA shelter: Initial dog licence obtained at the offices of Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Botanical Gardens, Paget.
- If you purchased your pet from a different person in the local area (i.e. the breeder, seller, or transfer from the previous owner) The animal must have a valid licence (tag and the current receipt).
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Environment and Natural Resources
169 South Road
Paget DV 04 Bermuda
Phone: (441) 236-4201
For a Dog license you must be at the bare minimum of the age of 18.
It is required to obtain a licence for your dog if: required to get an import license for a dog If:
- prior to the time that the dog was imported before the dog was imported, before the dog was imported, Department of Environment and Natural Resources was pleased that the dog could be removed from Bermuda after 28 days of of its arrival before the dog was imported; and
- the dog was taken away from Bermuda during that time.
- The annual cost for spaying or neutering a pet is $25 (you must show a veterinary spay/neuter certification).
- The annual cost for an unneutered/unspayed pet will be $125 (regardless of the dog’s age)
The Information You Need
In the form of application, you’ll be required to give details about you, your dog and the place where your dog is kept (if it’s located off your property).
Documentation is needed
Any dog owner must be able to get a license for the dog.
Information that can be useful
Transferring dog ownership
If you decide to sell or give away your pet you are responsible to inform to the Department of Environment and Natural Resources of the new owner and the address.