Obtain Monthly Bus Pass In Bermuda By Online
- purchasing your passes: Tickets, tokens and transportation passes are purchased at the Hubert Winfield (Sparky) Lightbourne Central Bus Terminal located on Washington Street in Hamilton. Tokens and passes for transportation can also be purchased in Hamilton’s Ferry Terminal in Hamilton, the Visitors Information Centres, many guesthouses and hotels.
- The bus stop: Bus stops can be identified by the blue or pink pole, which signifies the direction in which the bus will travel. Pink poles indicate that the bus is heading towards Hamilton. Blue poles indicate that the bus will be heading towards City of Hamilton while blue poles indicate that the bus is moving away from Hamilton. City of Hamilton.
- bus transfers: READ the front destination display on the bus prior to getting on to ensure you are traveling in the correct direction and on the right route. It is possible that you will need to change buses in order to reach the final destination. If, that, for instance, you are travelling to Hamilton towards St. David’s you may be required to switch buses at the point of entry towards St. Davids. The sign for destination on the back of the bus will show the second part of work the bus will finish. If it is in conflict with the final destination, you will need to ask for an extension when you pay your fare.A Transfer is tiny piece of paper that identifies when the transfer has to be completed, and the location of the final destination. It is intended for the duration of your journey and doesn’t allow for the possibility of a stopover. It will show the time frame of 15 minutes in which you have to catch the next bus. If the transfer is expired then you’ll be forced to pay the fee to get to your destination, in the event that you are traveling in a period when buses are not operating at 15 minutes intervals. Before boarding the bus that connects you ensure that you display your transfer. This is your confirmation that you’ve paid the amount for the entire journey.
Transfers are honored on ferry only when you are traveling to Hamilton towards St. Georges. In other circumstances the ferry service will not allow transfers.
Office Locations and Contacts
Bermuda Department of Public Transportation
26 Palmetto Road
Address for Mailing:
P. O. Box HM 443
Hamilton HM BX
Telephone: (441) 292-3851
Fax: (441) 292-9996
- For complaints, compliments, comments, suggestions and other information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To inquire about Sightseeing and Charter Information: email@example.com
Monthly Pass (All Zones) : $69.00
There are passes valid for one month. There is also the option of purchasing passes which are valid for three months.
Documentation is needed
If you’re planning to spend a significant amount of time travel in Bermuda via bus it’s best to purchase an annual bus pass. The purchase of a monthly pass could make it easier for you to avoid having to buy tickets each time you have to board an auto.
Information that can be useful
Central Terminal Information Booth
Sells tokens, tickets, and passes , and also provides details on the bus system.
Open from Monday to Friday, from 7:15 am until 7:15 pm.
Saturdays, from 8:00 am to 6:30 at
Sundays and holidays from 8:30 am until 5:30 5
Office hours are open 24/7
8:45 am until 5:15 pm
Office hours of supervision
From 5:00 to 8:00 pm
- Department of Public Transportation: