Obtain Ordinary Mineral Export Permit In Malawi By Yourself
- Make an application by visiting the Ministry of Natural Resources Environmental Affairs office, then head directly to the department’s mining section.
- Visit the department’s service representative at the reception to request the application form for export and Declaration , and then fill them out.
- Fill out the form and send all required documents to the department of mines officer for confirmation and payment of the necessary application fee.
- When the request is valid, the department will send an inspector from geological survey department to examine the shipment
- The inspector will conduct the inspection and , based on the results, give a recommendation regarding the values of consignment and seals. The inspector will then issue you the certificate of inspection.
- The department of mines, through the commissioner determines whether to give the permits or not, and if the consignment does not qualify, it will be impounded.
- If they are in agreement to issue an export permit by the commissioner on the basis of the inspection report that was submitted by the inspector
- Check out the department of mining and get your permit
Required Documents For Obtain Ordinary Mineral Export Permit
- Export Application Form
- Declaration form
- Identification documents
- Form for requesting inspection
- Tax Identification Number
Office Locations and Contacts
- Ministry of Natural Resources Environmental Affairs
- Lingadzi House, City Centre
- Private Bag 394
- Lilogwe3, Malawi
- Tel: (+256) 0997812595
- Fax: (+256) 1773379
- Exporters who are planning to export mineral products
- Contact the authority responsible to inquire about fees and bank information.
Documents to Utilize
- Application for the Grant of Export Permit PDF
- Within two weeks
- Please fill out the application in the correct manner to avoid delays
- The grant of a licence is not made to non-residents of Malawi in the event that they were not normally residents of Malawi for a period which was four consecutive years prior to the date of his application for the granted right or license is made.
The Information You Need
- Details about mineral
- The reasons for export
- Estimated value
- Port of exit
The document is needed
- The export permit permits you to legally export .operating without this permit is unlawful and punishable under the law.
- Malawi Trade Portal: Link