Obtain Pollution Control Certificate (PUC, Emission Control) for Vehicle In India By Yourself
- If you purchase a brand new car, a Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate will be issued by the dealer. It is valid for a year.
- After one year, one must bring their vehicle to the nearest emissions testing facility to obtain the new PUC certificate.
- The operator will now check the levels of emissions in your car. The operator will also examine the exhaust pipe using the scanner.
- For petrol-powered vehicles the vehicle is kept in idle, but without speeding it. One reading will be recorded and will be the last reading.
- In the case of diesel vehicles The vehicle is acceleration and five readings will be conducted. The sum of five readings is the reading that will determine final results.
- After calculating the readings of the emission levels, the operator will announce a fee sum to be paid.
Following the payment process, the Operator will then issue the PUC certificate together with the certificate of reading.
Required Documents For Obtain Pollution Control Certificate
- Driving licence
- RC book
- PUC certificate from the past. PUC certificate in the event of renewal
Car insurance proof
Office Locations and Contacts
Follow the link below to find the official centers for testing emissions Click here . Choose your fuel type and zone in the drop-down menu. Click the “Submit” Tab. Then you’ll be able find the current PUC Center list.
Anyone who owns a car is eligible to apply for this certification.
- Three wheeler and two wheeler – the price is Rs. 60
- Four wheeler Price: 80 Rs. 80
- Diesel vehicle – Rs. 100
- For new cars PUC can be used for one year.
For four wheels BS – IV compliant vehicles, PUC is valid for one year, and for the other types of vehicles it’s valid for 3 months following the expiry date from the date of first registration.
- Cars that are driven by internal combustion engines, such as diesel or petrol, CNG/LPG need PUC certification.
- The penalty is Rs. 1000 is assessed for the first time offenders. The same applies for a repeat offense. 2000 would be charged, the cycle continues.
The Information You Need
- Registration number of the vehicle
- Chassis number
Documentation is needed
- PUC Certificate is considered to be a legally binding document, and should be carried with your driver’s license as well as your insurance policy and RC when driving.
- IRDAI developed PUCC as a mandatory form for insurers to use during the renewal period of their insurance.
- In accordance with the Central Motor Vehicles Act 1989, PUC certificate is mandatory for all vehicles.
- PUC Certificates are issued to ensure that vehicles do not cross the permitted pollution norms. PUC Certificate ensures that vehicles don’t violate the pollution limits that are permissible.
Information that can be useful
- Certified emission testing facilities are typically located in petrol stations.
- The emission test can help us keep good condition for the car through servicing it at regular intervals.