It is important to first ensure that all required documents are present to fill out an online application. If you’d like learn more about the documents required to complete this process, follow the link : Required Documents for Application for the Tax Deduction Number (TAN Card)
Please click the following URL to apply online : Apply Online.
In this page , you can learn the rules to follow when applying to apply for New TAN. Read it carefully and then select “Category of Deductors” from the dropdown menu that appears highlighted in Yellow in the image below. Click the “Submit” tab, which has been highlighted with RED.
Now you can fill out the form and appear on the new screen. Fill in all the required information and then click the “Submit” button at the end of the page. It is highlighted in red in the image below.
5. Step 5:
After you have submitted your application , on the next screen the completed application form will be accessible to confirm the information entered. After verifying your details, enter the code into the textbox, then click “Confirm” tab, which is highlighted in red in the image below.
Once you have registered successfully, the webpage will be displayed , as in the following image. You will be able to choose from the choices on the page. Select the “Acknowledgment” tab, which appears highlighted in RED in the image below to download the acknowledgement.
After that, the acknowledgement to TAN request will then be issued. Download the file and then take the printout.
The acknowledgement that has been signed with the demand draft or demand draft, if applicable, should be delivered to NSDL at
- NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey. 997/8,
Model Colony, Near Deep Chowk
Pune – 411016.
- Step 9:
- The envelope must be superscripted with “APPLICATION FOR TAN – Acknowledgment #’ (e.g. “APPLICATION TAN # 88301020000244′).
- Step 10:
- Your acknowledgement along with demand drafts, if applicable is due to NSDL within 15 days of the date of your online application.
- Step 11:
- Application processing upon receipt of a duly acknowledged and signed acknowledgement as well as the actualisation of the payment.
- Step 12:
- Applications that are made using credit card/debit cards or net banking as a means for payment are given a TAN in the five days following payment. TAN will be notified via email. TAN allotment notice will be sent only upon receipt of a signed acknowledgement.