How To Police Clearance Certificate In Christmas Island
There are two options to the application process:
- The form is downloadable and you can fill out on your computer , or print it out to complete by hand and then submit it via the post. Because credit card information should not be submitted via email, applications sent via email cannot be accepted.
Before you submit an application, it is important to ensure that you are within a group for which the AFP offers National Police Checks, as described above, and you’ve read and comprehend the Spent Convictions Scheme and how it affects your application.
- The Online Application offers the possibility of submitting an entire application electronically. If you use this service, you’ll need to scan and print a consent form that will be generated in the course of the process. You will also need to scanning and loading identification papers and make payment using a credit card. The processing will begin immediately, without having to wait for additional details. If you’re using the online application you will need to provide your email addresses. This is used to issue you an acknowledgement of the payment as well as to notify that your application is complete.
- It is important to fill out the consent form when you complete the online application. The application that you download is not appropriate for this process and is not recommended when applying online.
If you choose to use the application that is downloaded filled out form, along with copies of your valid identity documents as well as the correct form of payment information, should be submitted.
Documents Required Police Clearance Certificate
- Birth certificate
Office Locations and Contacts
Australian Embassy High Commissions consulates, missions multilateral, and representative offices
What Are All The Eligibility
- If you’re over 16, and lived on Christmas Island for a total of one year or more within the past 10 years, then you can obtain a police certification from the country.
- You must confirm that the information that you’ve provided on the application form is accurate. If later it is discovered by way of example, such as an outcome of a review on police files, you supplied inaccurate or misleading information, or did not give information that led to the application being incorrect or inaccurate, you be guilty of a crime under lawful Criminal Code Act 1995 and could be charged.
For purposes of immigration, A police certificate is believed to have validity for twelve months starting from the date of issue.
The processing time for normal National Police Check is approximately 15 working days from the time the check is made available to Criminal Records.
- For information on how to get the certificate of an foreign government or law enforcement authority, check the appropriate country information.
- It is recommended to fill out the form and provide specifics of any and all names you’ve been referred to by.
- Other names under that you are or were previously identified (such in your name as your first name) must be listed complete including names that you have given. Make sure that the date of your birth is accurately entered.
- The full payment must be included with the application. It is possible to pay with Visa, Mastercard or American Express. If you prefer to use a hand completed application , you can pay with a bank cheque that must be made in Australian dollars or a money purchase through Australia Post. Personal and Company Cheques will not be accepted. Do not pay in cash. Applications that contain incorrect amounts cannot be processed.
- Identification documents that total 100 points must be submitted. Information about the points assigned to the identification documents are given during the application procedure. Do not include ORIGINAL IDIFICATION DOCUMENTS with your application.
- Make sure all the required information include a the signed consent form and copies of identity documents. Note that parental consent is required for applicants who are under 18 years old.
For applications that are manually filled out:
- You have to return the form within three months after you have signed it.
- Check the boxes by crossing (X).
- Make sure you attach all documents including forms, forms, payments, and other identification with your application.
- Check that all necessary information have been filled out and the form has been completed and signed by the date.
- The application form should be filled out by using blocks of letters (ie capital letters or uppercase)
- Money orders and bank checks must be made converted to Australian dollars ($AUD) and must make payable to Australian Federal Police.
- If you are paying with a bank cheque, it must originate issued by the Australian banks or financial institutions which is associated by one of the Australian bank. Personal and Company cheques will not be accepted.
- The correct payment is required to be provided with all applications.
- Do not include self-addressed/stamped envelopes for return of certificates. These won’t be returned or used.
- Title (Mr Miss, Mrs, Mrs and Dr)
- Surname/Family Name
- First Names
- Maiden/Former Names as well as any of the other names that are used
- Date of Birth
- Birthplace of the Child
- Date from
- Date To
- Tel No
- Email address
The Document is required Police Clearance Certificate
Police certificates are also referred to as a criminal clearance certificate in certain countries. The certificate must be valid for the period that it was issued prior to the time you stopped being a minor or cover the entire period you were in the country.
Information that can be useful
You won’t be able to pass the test of character You will fail the character test if:
- You have a lengthy criminal record. This means you’ve been sentenced to at least 12 months in jail, or multiple sentences that add at least 24 consecutive months. The suspended sentences are as a prison sentence.
- you were found guilty of any crime that was committed while you were in immigration detention during the time you escaped from detention for immigration, or during an escape from immigration detention or if you were found guilty of escape from immigration detention
- you are, or hadan affiliation with an individual, group , or organization that you suspect of being or is or being involved in criminal activity.
- considering your past and current criminal behavior in light of your criminal record, you are not considered to be in good standing
- in light of your past and present behavior, your conduct is not considered to be well-mannered
- there is a substantial chance that you’ll engage in criminal activity there is a significant risk that you will engage in criminal conduct Australia or inflict harm, abuse, or stalk someone in Australia or to smear certain segments or a segment of the Australian community, or cause conflict within an Australian community or some of the communities or pose a risk for members of the Australian community or any segment of the community.
Other uses for the Document/Certificate
Everyone who applies for get a visa must be of good character and be evaluated against the requirements for character. In the course of the visa process, you may be required to submit an officer’s clearance or other evidence that meets the requirements for character.
- Information about how to get the certificate of a specific country is subject to change without prior notice.
- We suggest that you visit the official website of the authority in the country where you’re seeking the police certification or the website of the consulate or embassy for the most up-to-date information about procedures.