Register a Death In Bermuda By Online
- In the event of a death an medical practitioner or coroner notifies the Registry general by submitting a Notice of death FormE. i.e. Notice of death.
- A Registry General would record the information into the register of deaths according to the law. (See “information that could help” subsection below)
- If you want to obtain a death certificate You can request one through the Registry General. If the death occurred in recent times or recently, the loved ones of the deceased may get a death certificate from the undertaker, who will be responsible for ordering the certification at the Registry General.
For deaths occurring on-board a ship:
- The Registrar of Shipping gives information regarding Marine deaths, which are recorded in the Registry of Marine Deaths maintained by the Registry General. Registry General.
- Marine Death Registry are controlled under the Merchant Shipping Act 1979
Required Documents For Register a Death
- Formulation E, as completed (Notice of death)
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Home Affairs:
Department of Registry General
30 Parliament Street
Hamilton HM 12
Death Registration Dead registration
- Any deaths that been attributed to Bermuda are qualified to be registered
Documents to Utilize
- Form E for notice of death: Form
- For deaths that have occurred in the last few days The Death Certificate will be processed within 10 working days after receiving complete “Form E (Notice of Death)” from the undertaker or coroner.
- For deaths registered previously Death certificates will be processed within two working days.
- If you require the death certificate in a hurry, you can get one within less than 2 days (additional cost applies).
- You can request more copies of your death certificates directly at the Registry General for a fee. The death certificates are usually issued within two days. They are also issued on an expedited schedule (in not more than 2 days) with the paying an extra cost.
- Name of deceased
- Information about death
Documentation is needed
- The document proves that a death occurred and is registered.
Information that can be useful
- REGISTRATION (BIRTHS and DEATHS) Act 1949 Act
- Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda