Register a New Boat In Bermuda By Yourself
- Prepare all necessary documents to submit your application.
- You can download the application form through the Department of Marine and Port Service and bringing the form to from the front desk or download it and print it on legal-sized paper by clicking the link in the “Documents to Use” section below.
- Complete the application form in the manner you want and attach the necessary documents.
- Make sure you pay the fees required depending on the dimensions of your vessel and the size of the engine.
- Completely submit the application to the department to be processed
- A department official will examine your application and, if it is correct, it will be accepted to be registered.
- Once you have registered and registered, you will receive an official registration document that demonstrates the legal title to the vessel
Required Documents For Register a New Boat
- Complete the registration form for your boat
- Copy of the bill of sale with your name on it
- Custom clearance paperwork stating that the boat is located in Bermuda
- Identification documents
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Marine and Port Services:
Mooring and Boats Section
Old Paget Post Office Site
Middle Road, 108. Middle Road
T: (441)294-0419 or (441)294-0420
- The unregistered and new vessels can be registered
Class A boats that have an engine
- Maximum 12′ length up to 12′ in length
- Over 12′ of length $4.50 per foot
- One year
Documents to Utilize
- Registration form for boats: Application Form
- Initial registrations are assigned according to the department’s licensing year, which starts from 1st June until the 31st May.
The Information You Need
- Applicants details
- Boat details
The document is needed
- These documents confirm it is legal to register your boat by law.
- Department of Marine and Port Services: Department of Marine and Port Services