Register a Death In Bhutan By Online
- The applicant must fill out an application form that is completed to declare the death within 30 days from the date of death at the CCor DCRCOor Thromdeor DCRC office at DCRC headquarters. Applications that are filed after this time can only be processed at the DCRC headquarters.
- The applicant should also provide the death certificate issued by an authorized authority, like Hospitals and Gups.
- Death certificates can be obtained at the CCor DCRCOand Thromdeand DCRC Headquarters offices.
Required Documents For Register a Death
- A completed application form.
- Death notice.
- Original citizen identity card or SRP card (Bhutanese as well as SRP card holders) or a copy of the identity documents of dead (non-Bhutanese).
- Documents of identification of the applicant or requestor.
- Documents needed for unidentified and deceased bodies that are not claimed:
- MoH with the assistance of RBP, RSTA, Thromde CRCO/Gup will the death notice.
Office Locations and Contact
Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs
Department of Civil Registration and Census
Telephone : +975-2-322301/322015/325173
Address: Post Box No.133 Tashichho Dzong
MHCA Web site
Citizen’s Service Website
All deaths that took place within the jurisdictional boundaries of Bhutan.
- Application is free
- Except for the fee that is payable at the center in the event that the application needs to be made in the Community Center (CC).
The death certificates are issued within 30 days of the date on which the application was made.
Forms for registration can be handed in to the following offices:
- Community Center (CC)
- Dzongkhag Civil Registration and Census Office (DCRCO)
- Thromde Administration
- Department of Civil Registration and Census, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs, (MOHCA)
The Document is required
The Death Certificate can be described as a type of document which reveals the date, place and the reason for a person’s death. It is issued only when a death was declared and recorded.
- Citizens Services Website of Bhutan: