How to Register A Farm In Jamaica

Register A Farm In Jamaica By Yourself

  1. Rural Agricultural Development Authority is responsible for registering Jamaican farmers and farms. It is part of the Ministry of Industry Commerce, Agriculture, and Fisheries. To register your farm, you will need to visit the RADA Office in your area to submit your application. Please view RADA contact details as well as a map of the location via this link
  2. To obtain the application form and the checklist necessary for supporting documentation, visit the RADA office in your farming community. You can also collect the forms at the parish offices of Electoral Office of Jamaica.
  3. Completion of the application form is required. Get the supporting documents you need and attach them to it
  4. After you have completed your application and all supporting documents, it is time to visit the RADA office and submit it to the RADA Extension Officer at their service desk.
  5. You will need to be interviewed by the extension officer about your application.
  6. After a satisfactory review of your application documents, and your interview session, the RADA responsible officer will take your photo and data and save it in RADA’s internal database
  7. Within ten days of receiving the application, the RADA Extension Officer will visit the proposed farm/site in order to verify the information. The officer will then write and keep a report about the farm/site
  8. RADA will then review your inspection report. If it meets the requirements of RADA, then you will need to pay the registration fee at RADA office
  9. Once payment has been made, you will receive a receipt. This receipt must be kept and presented with your national ID to obtain your final documents.
  10. After approval of your application, RADA will issue you the registration identification photos.

Required Documents For Register A Farm

  • Please complete the application form
  • Tax Registration Number (TRN).
  • You must prove ownership by obtaining a title to the land or other documents that grant permission to use the property for farming.
  • Passport-sized Photo Certified by a Justice of the Peace
  • RADA may require any other documents.

Find Office Locations and Contacts

RADA HEAD OFFICE Address:Hope Gardens Kingston 6 Jamaica
Tel: (876) 977-1158-62
Fax: 1 (876) 970-4660
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm | Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Contact information and locations of branches: Link.


  • Individuals and companies who want to register their farms can apply


  • Registering Fee: $500

Processing Time

  • Within 30 days, the application will be processed


These are just a few of the many benefits that a registered farm can bring:

  • You can get Productive Inputs Relief, (PIR), and other major Incentives
  • You can apply for disaster relief
  • Market facilitation services will be available to you
  • Under the amended Agricultural Produce Act, you will be able obtain receipt books from the Jamaica Agricultural Society.

Requirements Information

  • Names
  • Farm details
  • Localization
  • Contacts
  • Declaration

You will need the document

  • To receive RADA benefits, you must be a registered farmer.

External Links

  • Government of Jamaica: link



Leave a Comment