Register a Motorcycle In Uganda By Online
- Go to this Uganda revenue authorities (URA) website Register onlineand login to your account with a the TIN and password.
- On the left side, after logging in, select MVR Agent Registration.
- The registration form will show and you need to enter your Tax Identification Number TINand the remaining details will be auto-populated.
- When you’ve completed the form in a timely manner, complete the form and click submit. Select the attachments then proceed to the Payment Registration page, and then click Register Payment. The details of the registration fees will be automatically displayed choose the option for payment mode and bank, and after which you can submit your application.
- Once you have submitted the form, you’ll receive an acknowledgement email. Scroll down and print your receipt. complete the form, and then print the payment slip.
- Make the required payments at the bank, and then send the your application to Licensing office to be approved, accompanied by attachments.
- If the revenue authority officer an invoice with a Motor Vehicle registration number will be given
Note Note: If you do not possess an URA account, you can sign-up to get one via URA’s portal. URA web portal. Upon registration, you will be given an individual Tin code as well as a password
Required Documents For Register a Motorcycle
- The application must be accompanied or incorporated into the application for a license and an insurance policy for the motor vehicle or trailer, or plant for engineering.
- Address and name of the person (other other than the owner) who owns the property, or any absolute or restricted right or licence to acquire possession of the motor vehicle or the engineering plant is legally vested, or is subject to an agreement to hire or purchase, bill of sale agreement or other similar document.
- The fee that is prescribed
- Log book for the motorcycle
- Any evidence of ownership such as the transfer form or purchase document.
- The Tin Number and Password
Office Locations and Contacts
Uganda Registration Services BureauPlot 5 George Street, Georgian House, Kampala
P.O.Box 84848 Kampala Uganda
URSB General Line: +256 414 233 21
Call Center Call Center: +256 417 338 100
URSB Fax +256 414250 712
MINISTRY OF WORKS and TRANSPORT
Off Jinja Road/ Old Port Bell Rd,
P.O. Box 7174,
General Phone: +256 414-320135/0414-321364
Minister of State (Works) 0414-349487
Minister of State (Transport) 0414-320026
Permanent Secretary Permanent Secretary
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279,
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
- All Uganda Motorbike owners
URA costs for registration
- Registration of a motorbike valid All the time until when the proprietor decides to sell the motorbike
- Within 2 hours
- Owner’s name
- The information about your vehicle (type or mode horsepower)
- Address of residence of the applicant
- The nationality of the applicant
- A password and a Tin number
The Document is required
- Registration of a motorbike is legally required for all owners as outlined in the Uganda law. By doing so , it proves that the person is legally the owner of the motorbike.
Other uses for the Document/Certificate
- A motorcycle log book is an applicant for a loan from any lending institution
- Registration is a guarantee of security for the motorbike since nobody could transfer it into his name without your permission;
- It aids in simplifying the process of tax identification by tax authorities.
- The details of the motorbike are stored within the databases of the registration authority. The information could be used later on for instance in the event of lost logbooks.