Apply for Extension Power (Electricity) Transmission License or Permit in Nigeria by yourself
- In order to apply to apply for Extension of Power (Electricity) Transmission License or Permit in person, the applicant is required to go to in the Office of Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Contact details and address for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission can be found by clicking the link below. contact information
- Visit the office to obtain the application for an Extension of Tenure of License from the department responsible. You can click here to download an the application form.
- Fill in the application forms by providing pertinent information for the sections that are relevant.
- Please select in the “Transmission” category in section 2.0 as it is the only application for extension to Power (Electricity) Transmission License or Permit.
- Sign it after you have completed it. Be sure to attach all of the documents mentioned on the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Then, you can submit this in person in the appropriate office.
- Once the application has been submitted, the form and any other supporting documents will be sent for inspection and verification.
- After the verification and verification process is completed the application will be accepted and officials are then able to take the required actions to grant the permit.
- Once the license is ready for collection, applicants will be informed by the office. The applicant will be able to collect it using any method that is appropriate.
- Pay a fee that is non-refundable to be processed the application as directed by the officers.
- When the Commission receives the Application On receipt of the Application, the Commission must notify the date of receipt and issue an acknowledgement of the date and time of receipt to the applicant.
- After review of the Application, the Commission may ask the Applicant to submit the additional details within a specified time frame.
- If the applicant was in compliance to requirements of the Commission in this regard and the Commission approves, it will pass the Resolution that the application was made in a timely manner.
- Within 30 days, the Commission will notify the applicant in writing that the application was submitted in good faith and ask that the applicant make public the Public Notification of Statutory Authority.
- The applicant should arrange for the announcement of the application at his own expense in the format and in the manner prescribed by the Commission in at least two daily papers.
- The commission will review any objections raised and hearings deemed to be over.The conclusions resulting from the inquiry/hearing will be documented in written form.
- After careful consideration of the application and an investigation whether there is there is any after due consideration, the Commission may either grant or deny to issue the license.
- When the Commission has approved a license, then the Commission will inform the applicant in writing of its approval as well as the conditions to be met and the fees that must be paid prior to the grant or issuance of the licence.
- If the Commission will decide to deny the application for a license, it will inform the applicant in writing of the reason for its decision giving the reasons behind the decision.
Required Documents for Extension Power
- Registration Certificate
- Certificate of incorporation
- A Trust Deed and Partnership
- Document proving the identity of the applicant
- Audited Financial Statements, as well as accounts for the last 3 years (Certified)
- Certificate of Tax Clearance in the last three years
- Environmental Impact Assessment Report and approval
- Relevant agreement documents
- Occupancy certificate for Project site
- Permits or consents for projects from the respective authorities and agencies
- Compact Disc with the electronic version of the application form
For further clarifications regarding specific requirements, check out the below document necessary documents list
Office Locations and Contacts
Headquarters, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.
What are all the Eligibility
- Any structure or organization located that is located in Nigeria which has an authorization to operate Power (Electricity) Transmission inside the Republic is able to apply to have its license extended.
- Extension of license duration must be requested within the initial five (5) years of the initial period for the licence.
Fees for extensions of Tenure for Power (Electricity) The license or permit for transmission is according to: N500,000.00
Transmission License or Permits for Power (Electricity) Transmission License or Permits valid for 10 years.
Documents to Utilize
Application form Link
The Commission will review the application and make a decision on whether to either grant or not extend the tenure in the space of 3 (3) months after the submission of the complete request to the Commission.
- An application should be completed by way of three (3) original copies on paper together with an electronic version of the application in Microsoft Office software format contained on the form of a CD-Rom.
- Make sure to include two hard copies along with one soft copy of any supporting documents.
- Each application must be submitted by all the information provided in the Application form that relates to the particular license sought.
- A renewal application of a license can be cancelled in writing by the applicant at any point.
- A request that has been cancelled cannot be renewed. However , the Application can be submitted as a fresh Application upon the payment of the processing fee.
- Check out section 15 in the following document for additional details and guidelines the regulations
The Information You Need
- Names of Applicant, Physical and Postal Address of the Applicant
- Contact details
- Name and other information of the Business Proposal
- Contact information for the contact person
- Names of shareholders and other information
- The Directors’ List and the Particulars of Directors
- License details that are currently in use (if any)
- Information about the ownership of affiliates
- Financial details
- Financial and Bankers References specifics
- Proposed project description
The Document is required
Every Power Transmission Plant must lodge an application and get approval before it can extend its license to continue the Transmissionof power within its facility for a longer duration than the initial period of validity for which it was obtained.
Information that could be helpful
- The Applicant who has been refused a license will be able to submit a proper representation before Commission Commission within 21 (21) days from receiving the notice of the Commission of the denial of the license.
- The Commission will review the claim that the applicant has made and If the representation fails or no representation is made, promptly notify the applicant in writing that their application for a license was denied.
- The reasons behind refusing the license should be stated clearly in writing from Commission to the applicant. Commission to the applicant.