Register a Trade Mark In Malysia By Yourself
- Before submitting an application for an Trademark Make sure you check for existing trademarks registered and are similar to your trademark sign you intend to apply for.
- A completed Application form TM5 must be submitted with supporting documents.
- To apply for the Trade Mark Please follow the contact details to contact the appropriate office.
- Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO)
- Unit 1-7, Ground Floor, Tower B, Menara UOA Bangsar,
- No. 5 Jalan Bangsar Utama 1, 59000 Kuala Lumpur.
- Contact number: +603-2299-8400
- Fax : + 603-2299-8989
- E-mail : ipmalaysia#myipo.gov.my
- Website : http://www.myipo.gov.my
Apply on-lineFollowing link gives you the option to search online and to file online : Search as well as Register Trademark
This link contains information about the trademark process flow flowcharts that can help : Application Flowchar
Required Documents For Register a Trade Mark
- 5 copies of the completed TM5 should be sent.
Office Locations and Contact
Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO)
Unit 1-7, Ground Floor, Tower B, Menara UOA Bangsar,
No. 5 Jalan Bangsar Utama 1, 59000 Kuala Lumpur.
Contact number: +603-2299-8400
Fax : +603-2299 8989
E-mail : ipmalaysia#myipo.gov.my
Website : http://www.myipo.gov.my
Anyone, regardless of regardless of Malaysian citizen who is the proprietor of the trademark used or proposed to be used for him, in Philippines can make an application for application to register a trademark within the Philippines.
Fees information is available at the following link : Fees Information
Trademark registrations are good for a period of ten years starting from the date of the application. It is able to be renewed at least every 10 years.
Documents to Utilize
Applications forms that may be used for: Application Formulas
The Document is required
This process provides you with details about how you can register the registration of a Trade Mark in Malaysia. The term “trade mark” is an indication that distinguishes the products and services offered by one business from that of a different. The term “trade mark” can refer to images, words, logos or names, letters or numbers, or a mixture of all these. Trade marks are employed as a tool for marketing to aid customers in recognizing the products of a specific trader.