How To Register an Adoption In Georgia
- Registration of adoptions can be completed by visiting the Public Service Department or at the Public Service Hall.
- Adoption is registered on basis of an application from an authorized person as well as the decision of a the court.
- The links below provide details on the location and contact number of the Public Service Development Agency or Public Service Hall which should aid.
The following link gives contact information from the Public Service Development Agency and the related Territorial Offices: The Office Phone NumberLocations on Map of Public Service Hall : Office Locations
Documents that are required Register an Adoption
- Written application.
- Court order enforced for the adoption of the child.
- Birth certificate of the adoptee.
- Document that certifies the identity of the the adopter.
- Consent of the adoptee who has attained the age of 10 or more, if the adopter requests the modification of data, whereas the court decision doesn’t contain a clause pertaining to the alteration of this information.
Office Locations and Contacts
This link will provide contact details for the Public Service Development Agency and associated Territorial Offices: office contact information
Office Locations in Map of Public Service Hall : Office Locations
The adoption certificate is issued at no cost on the next business day following the acceptance of the application and any other documents required to record adoption.
Documentation is needed
This guideline provides information on how to file for adoptions in Georgia.