Register and License Vintage or Veteran Vehicles for Private Use In Malta By Online
- Anyone who wishes to sign up a vintage, classic and/or veteran automobile for personal use must make contact with for assistance with Land Transport Department in Malta.
- To be able to register and license the use of a private vehicle, the applicant must fill out the application VEH15 as well as VEH15A.
- A photograph of a car must also be submitted to the authorities in the Land Transport Department.
- The application should be submitted within 20 days of the date of the arrival of the vehicle.
- The vehicle will be certified authentically by a vintage committee established by Transport Malta.
For passenger vehicles and MotorcyclesPlease apply the same process that has been discussed above. You should also ensure that you are carrying all the documents that are listed in the Required Documents section of this page.
Required Documents For Register and License Vintage or Veteran Vehicles for Private Use
For Personal Use
- Formulations for application VEH15 that are completed and VEH15A. VH15A.
- A photo of the car.
for Passenger Vehicles and Motorcycles
- Form to deposit money VEH 03
- Fill in the Application Forms correctly filled in, VEH 01 and 02 for private individuals, and the VEH 25 form for motor vehicle dealerships, download from www.transport.gov.mt
- An original Foreign Registration Certificate (logbook) that is signed by the seller and new buyer. (In there isn’t signatures of either the seller or buyer in the Foreign Registration Certificate (log book) the buyer has to present to the Authority or a private contract of sale between the two buyers or the form VH50). They must be signed by a witness.
- Original Notice of Arrival
- Foreign Plates
- A valid insurance policy document that is valid for a period of time beginning from the day of the registration (however the owner has to be insured for the vehicle while it is using it to be eligible for VRT)
- VRT received a certificate of completion
- The company secretary’s resolution of the board when the vehicle is licensed for the benefit of a company
- The payment is according to the following: $50 Inspection charge, 15, registration fee Payments as follows: Registration Tax, 50 Inspection fee (no tax on registration is required on vehicles that are over 50 years old) Annual administrative fee of 8.00 plates, the administrative fine of 30 dollars per day, if applicable.
Office Locations and Contacts
Malta transport department contact information : Contact Info
The fees for licences are due each year and are calculated in accordance with the specifications of the vehicle and its age. URL to fee Information
Documents to Utilize
Applications forms that could be used to: Applications forms
The Document is required
This guideline provides details on how to register or registering an old or veteran car for use by private individuals in Malta.
More information about registration and licensing of used vehicles in Malta purchased from outside the European Union