How to Register as an Importer or Exporter of Fertilizer In Ivory Coast

Register as an Importer or Exporter of Fertilizer In Ivory Coast By Yourself

  • Take the necessary documents (listed beneath) and then visit the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER), Directorate of Food Productions and Food Security (DPVSA) Sub-Directorate for Seeds and Inputs , and register your interest.
  • Take the registration form from the registration desk, and fill it in accurately.
  • Send the completed form with all documents supporting it to the official to be verified.
  • You must pay the necessary processing fees to register at the cash desk upon which you will receive receipt.
  • If the fertilizer that is to be exported or imported is not been approved and registered from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER) the importer is required to provide two samples of the product for analysed and tested by MINADER and pay an additional cost for the monitoring test in cash at the counter.
  • The MINADER research center as well as the department responsible for fertiliser will perform a tests in the field on the fertiliser sample to evaluate its impact on the crop and prepare an analysis report of the conclusions.
  • The analysis report’s findings, as well as the application form is then sent for review by the Technical Committee for processing and the final report will be will be sent to the ministry for further review and decision-making.
  • If the official or authorized ministry finds that there is a requirement to declare that item (fertiliser) it is registered and approved to be imported.
  • If the registry is convinced it is satisfied that applicant (importer/exporter) has fulfilled all of the requirements the time of application You will be informed via email, telephone or in person, and then given the Fertilizer Importer/Exporter Authorization Certificate.

Required Documents For Register as an Importer or  Exporter of Fertilizer

  • A request directly to Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development.
  • Photocopies of manager’s National Identity Card or Residence Card.
  • The photocopy is from the Trade Register.
  • The tax Declaration of Existence
  • 2 (2) specimens of product (bottles and sachets bags, etc.) in the case of fertilizers that are not approved.
  • A Certificate of Non-Toxicity and Conformity issued by an accredited or approuvé laboratory for analysis that has been approved as such by MINADER Fertilizer Service.
  • The Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for the product (composition and use method the product, safety precautions to be taken as well as active ingredient. ).

Office Locations and Contacts

  • Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER)
  • Directorate General of Productions and Food Security
  • Directorate of Food Productions and Food Security (DPVSA)
  • Sub-Directorate for Seeds and Inputs.
  • Abidjan Abidjan Plateau, CAISTAB
  • BP V 82 Abidjan building – Cote D’Ivoire
  • Tel: (+225) 20 21 41 77 / (+225) 20 22 24 81
  • Fax: (+225) 20 21 36 10
  • Website: Link

Email: /


  • Natural and legal individuals/businesses/companies that wish to import/export fertiliser to or from Ivory Coast can apply.


  • Importer Registration Fee: 300,000 FCFA
  • Fee for monitoring tests 625,000 FCFA


It is good for three years, and is renewable for another 3.

Requirements Information

Applicant details

  • Full names
  • Telephone number(s)
  • Address for postage
  • Email address
  • Declaration

Information on the facility

  • Name of the business
  • Information on employees
  • Physical location of the facility (land markings/GPS addresses)
  • Information about the manager (name number, post, and phone No.)
  • Branch details, if there are any

Information on the fertiliser

  • What is the name given to the fertiliser
  • Country of origin for imported fertilizer.

Documentation is needed

Anyone who wants to import/export fertilisers from the or out of Ivory Coast are required to be registered and receive an Fertilizer Exporter/Importer Approval Certificate as well as the fertilizer that is to be imported or exported must be approved, tested and registered with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER).

External Links

Link (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER)



Leave a Comment