Register as Architect In Isle Of Man By Online
Here’s how to register as an architect on the Isle of Man.
- The first thing you’ll be required to determine is whether you’re qualified to become an architect (please check the section ‘Eligibility’).
- If you’ve met all requirements, then you can contact the Office of Fair Trading. Contact toll-free at Office (contact number below. Or you may also email the Office – email@example.com.
- If you are submitting your application along with the necessary documents. Additionally, you will need to pay the PS40 fee for registration or re-registration.
- The Office will provide you with an official notice of the decision made on your application. If the application is denied the notice in writing contains the reasons behind the rejection.
After approval, a certificate is issued to you for formally registering the registration.
Office Locations and Contacts
Isle of Man Office of Fair TradingGovernment Building
Tel: 01624 686500
Fax: 01624 686504
- Anyone who is registered on the United Kingdom Register of Architects or
- Any of the following organizations,
- (A)the Institution of Civil Engineers;
- (B)the Institution of Municipal Engineers;
- (C)the Institution of Structural Engineers;
- (D)the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors;
- (E)the Faculty of Architects and Surveyors;
- (F)the Incorporated Association of Architects and Surveyors,
- for at least seven out of the ten years prior to when he applied (being the date that was prior to the day of application) has been practicing or conducting business on the Island in the title or style of architect as his main source of income or
- A person who is of good character, and for not less than twenty years out of the 25 years preceding the date of application (being the date that was prior to the day of the application) was practicing or conducting business on the island under the name or name to architect for his main source of income.
Note that a body corporate will not eligible for registration.
- Registration/re-registration in the Isle of Man Register of Architects: PS40
- The retention of a name within the Isle of Man Register of Architects PS30
- Registration/re-registration in the Isle of Man Register of Architects: up to and including 31 March in any year
- Names that are retained within the Isle of Man Register of Architects From and up to 1 April in any year.
The Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading created and manages the Isle of Man Register of Architects. The application for registration is required to be made by mail to the Office.
The document is needed
According to the Island of Man’s Architects Act 1976, no person is allowed to:
- practice or conduct business under any name such as style or title that contains the word”architect”
Take or elevate any style, name or description that implies or implying that the person is an architect, unless it is a person and registered with the Isle of Man Register of Architects