How To Register Death In Georgia
- In order to register death, the informant have to submit an application to one of the nearby Public Service Development Agency or Public Service Hall. Information on how to contact the various Public Service offices is available under the ‘Office Locations & Contacts’.
- Complete all required documents (see the list below).
- An official death certificate can be obtained not later than the following business day following the submission of the application.
If you’re outside Georgia
You can use the contact information listed under the “Office Locations and Contacts” section to contact the closest Embassy of Georgia in the country in which you currently reside. The consular service desk of the Embassy can assist you to you with the process of registering your death within Georgia.
Documents Required Register Death
- Document that confirms the identity of the applicant or informant
- Document that confirms the that a person has died
- The following document attesting the death:
- Medical document certifying death;
- A decision by an authorized body regarding the determination of death;
- Court decision on declaring a person dead;
- Protocol prepared by a representative of the local Executive body (municipality) attesting to the demise of a person.
- Document made by an authorized body in the event of the death of an individual who was detained by the decision of a tribunal or administration body from the Soviet Socialist Republic of Georgia;
- Notification from Defense Ministry of Georgia or Ministry of Interior of Georgia regarding the death of an officer during peacekeeping, conflict or military operations, and also the death of an officer in the aftermath of natural disasters;
- Document that confirms the an individual’s death made by an authorized authority of a foreign nation according to the laws of that country.
- A document issued by an authorized administrative authority upon the death of an individual in World War II.
Office Locations and Contacts
Public Relations Service67 A. Tsereteli Avenue, 0154, Tbilisi, Georgia
agency at +99532 239 4010 10
+995 32 2 40 99 General Inspection
The number is +995 322 2 40 40 20 for Internal Audit.
An official death certificate can be obtained within the next business day after submitting the application.
An application for the registration of a death has to be filed at the closest Public Service Development Agency or Public Service Hall.
The Document is required Register Death
This document provides information about the way deaths are recorded in Georgia.