How To Register Food Place In Christmas Island
- In order to register a food facility applicants must make contact with the building and Health Officer.
- The contact number is listed below, which you can use to call the office.
- If you are asked to talk to an officer, inquire about the documents be required to submit in order to complete the process.
- If you plan to sell food items at market or fundraising events You will have to fill out your Food Handlers Declaration, comply with the requirements for food handlers who work outdoors and apply for temporary food premises.
- It is possible to participate in a food-related course.
- An inspection is also carried out in your home.
After all this has been completed, the license is given to you.
Office Locations and Contacts
Construction and Health OfficerPhone(08) 9164 8300 ext . 240
Premises Selling Food:
Food Premises Inspection Services:
- The New Registration Cost: $213.00
- The New License is $213.00
- Renewing License: $213.00 per annum
- The Food Education Seminar and Presentations: $84.00 per student
- Pre-purchase inspection Food Premises: $320.00
A New Registration $213.00
The New License is $213.00
Licensing Renewal Fee: $213.00 per annum
The Shire of Christmas Islands Environmental Health Plan provides the amount of inspections conducted on food establishments every year based on the class the food establishments fall to. The food establishments in that high-risk category will be examined three times a year, whereas those classified as moderate risk require two inspections per year.
Home-based catering is treated in the same way as a food store. People who prepare food at home and selling on the premises within the community must be registered as Food Premises. The location cannot be registered unless a planning permit is obtained first and the space is built for the purpose of preparing food.
outdoor events and Festivals
If you plan to sell food at markets and fundraising events You will have to fill out your Food Handlers Declaration, comply with the rules for food handlers working outdoors and apply for temporary food Facilities.
Other uses for the document/certificate
Food establishments are regularly inspected to make sure that food preparation for sale to for sale to the general public are prepared in a clean way and is in compliance with regulations.