Renew Passport In Uganda By Online
- Download the application form G from the passport control center or download it from this page: Application formand complete it in a correct manner
- Request a recommendation letter from a person who is well-known to the person applying, e.g, a teacher or doctor, lawyer, civil Servant. The cover letter must address the passport control officer at Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala. The recommender must include a copy of their National ID and sign on the back of it
- Attach photocopies from the old passport, pages 45 and 47.
- If you’re performing any modifications, changes of occupation, name in connection with marital status you’ll need to provide the appropriate legal proof of the changes.
- Go to the nearest URA income collection banks, such like Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc. and pay the passport fee. Passports are expensive. Passport is priced at Uganda Shillings of UGX 250,000 in regular applications or UGX400,000 in Express application (UGX 250,000 for normal processing plus UGX 150,000 the Express Service fee) and UGX 400,000 for Official Passports, and UGX 500,000 to apply for diplomatic passports. All fees are inclusive of bank charges , which vary between banks i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000. Find your bank’s slip.
- If you’re in the field of work or you are making changes to your job, be sure to include a photocopy of your transcript from school or certification.
- All documents you have prepared with a manila folder, and then visit the department of interior affairs or a border control or immigration office at the area you reside.
- In the office, present your passport and documents in your manila folder to the officer in charge of passports located at the section for passports.
- The officer will review the information provided by you and submit your request to be processed.
- You can collect your passport in person within ten working days (normal applicants for passports) and 2 (2) day working (for Express Passport Applications) at the time you completed the application unless you are advised otherwise from an immigration officer. You will need to show your receipt slip along with your identification when you collect your passport from the Passport Delivery Office.
Note: Application for Abroad is made through one of the Ugandan Embassy, contact the same before you schedule an appointment as the deferent missions have a an expedited protocol. If you want to request the High Commission to send back your passport via post You must also include an address-specific delivery envelope.
Apply online Follow the steps below to complete the online passport application.
- Log into passport portal :online portal
- You agree to the conditions and terms stated within the Disclaimer.
- Answer basic security questions
- Fill in fill out the application for passport form.Fill the form online clear and precise.
- Pay for the renewal of your passport with the payment method you prefer and the bank.
- The payment methods are the following: Mobile Money , Debit Card Credit Card pre-paid debit Card, Airtel Money and Bank Agent. It is recommended to choose the preferred payment method , and then make payment.
- Please note that transactions made via Debit/Credit/Prepaid cards will be subject to an additional 2.5 percent handling charge.
- Set up an appointment at a time that is convenient for you using the link to schedule an appointment on the homepage. passport Link 1
- Then, you should print your completed application as well as 3 copies of your invoice. You should then present them to the Directorate of Citizenship and the IMMIGRATION CONTROL department office.
- This online form requires applicants to fill in all of the information. After filling in all the required information, you will be asked to go through the form and verify that the information in the form are correct. If everything is correct, you are able to continue with your final form submission.
Visit the immigration offices to fill out an application
- After you print the application and invoice, you have to go to the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control office in Kampala or at the Uganda High Commission abroad to collect fingerprints, digital photographs as well as signature. You can also drop off the required documents.
- You have to be present in person to take a digital photograph and biometric capture in the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control office in Kampala or at the Uganda High Commission in foreign countries.
- The below papers to Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control office:
- A recommendation letter from a professional that is well-known to the applicant e.g an educator or a doctor lawyer, or a Civil Servant. The cover letter must be sent to Passport Control Office Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala.
- Recommenders must include the photocopy of his/her National ID and sign on the back of it.
- Photocopies and originals from the previous passport, pages 45 and 47.
- If you are performing any modifications, changes of occupation, name because of marital status you must submit the legal evidence of changes.
- If you are in a job or you are making changes to your career, make sure you include a photocopy of your transcript from school or certification.
- Documentation of the payment of required renewal fees for passports.
- Once the application is submitted, fresh passport is available to be collected from the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control offices within 2 working days for express processing or 10 working working days for regular processing.
- It is mandatory to carry evidence of identity when you collect the passport. You can also track the application progress through your online account https://www.passports.go.ug. You will be contacted via SMS or email once you have been notified you are ready to pick up your passport.
- Visit the Directorate of citizenship and Immigration departments site directorate’s website/and look for Form G to apply to apply for an application form for a visa. Application form
- Complete the application Passport application form online.
- Attach a Recommendation Letter from a person who is familiar to the person applying, e.g, a teacher or a doctor lawyer, or a Civil Servant. The cover letter must be sent to the Passport Control officer Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala.
- Recommender must provide an image of their National ID and sign on the back of it.
- Attach photocopies and scans of the passport pages 45 and 47.
- If you are changing your name, changes of name, profession or even because of marital status you must provide the appropriate legal proof of the changes.
- Fill out the form, and then attach the necessary original documents.
- Go to the nearest URA income collection banks, such for Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient and pay the passport fee. Passports are expensive. Passport is priced at Uganda Shillings of UGX 250,000 in normal applications , or UGX 400,000 to apply for express applications (UGX 250,000 for normal processing, plus UGX 150,000 for the Express Service fee) and UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500 000 to apply for diplomatic passports. The fees do not include bank charges , which differ between banks i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000.
- Attach a bank statement on the application form you printed and then visit the directorate of immigration and citizenship with the completed application form as well as all of the documents required once you’ve scheduled an appointment on the internet.
- If you are in a job or are making changes to your job, be sure to include a photocopy of your transcript from school or certificate.
- Send all of your documents.
- You can collect your passport in person after ten working day (normal application for passports) and 2 (2) work days (for Express Passport Applications) from the time you filed the application unless otherwise advised by an Immigration officer.
Required Documents For Renew Passport
- Application Form G that has been filled out
- Recommendation letter
- Copies of passports from the past
- Bank Slip , Academic Certificate
- Legal evidence in case of change, specifically
Office Locations and Contacts
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165/7191
Kampala Uganda Uganda
Contact phone number: +256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Site: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Regional Offices: Regional offices List
All Consulates and embassies: Uganda embassy
- All Ugandan citizens who have passports is eligible to renew their passports.
- The normal passport costs 250,000 shs
- Express service for 150,000 shs
- Official/service passport cost 400,000 shs
- Diplomatic passports cost the equivalent of 500,000 shs
- The passports are certified by 30,000 shs.
- Courier service for foreign applicants 10,000 shs
- Passports last for 10 years. They will be renewed at the expiration of their validity.
Documents to Utilize
- 10 working days normal application
- 2-working days in the case of express service.
- Get all the necessary documents and go to the passport office within your area an application. In the event that you apply from outside of the country. Make sure you arrange an appointment with the Ugandan Embassy in your region prior to your visit, you may inquire when you make your appointment about their procedure and the procedure to submit your application.Please beware of middlemen when applying.
The Information You Need
- Applicant’s details
- Residence Address
- Information on Origin
- Citizenship details
- Spouse details
- Parent’s details
- Contacts for the Next of Kin
Documentation is needed
- It is essential that you renew your passport every year or before expiration date to ensure it is active. expired passports are not accepted when you wish to take a trip abroad.
Information that could be helpful
- Your passport can be renewed up to 6 months before the official date.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- Passports can serve as proof of identity
- Uganda High Commission In London
- Embassy of Uganda Republic of Uganda Washington DC USA
- Justice Law and Oder Sector
- Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration