How to Replace a Damage/Lost Visa Permit In Uganda

Replace a Damage/Lost Visa Permit In Uganda By Yourself

  1. Contact your nearest station of police. Give an accurate account of events the police station that caused the disappearance of the visa which you’ll be issued with the police report
  2. Go to the Ministry of Immigration of Uganda or the consulate/embassy, or high commissioner in the country where you first applied for a visa to Uganda complete with all the required information and request assistance
  3. You’ll be required to apply for a visa again and you’ll always have to submit a written statement in support of the denial of your visa
  4. Complete the application correctly and attach the necessary documents and submit them to the official who will review and approve your application
  5. If all the details are correct, you are issued the visa on payment of the fees required

Web-based application:

  1. Visit the Immigration E-Service site Portal the Immigration and then click on Application . Select “Replacement of Permit”
  2. Take the time to read the instructions carefully and then fill it in precisely, verify that all data is correct and after which click “Check Permit to Replace”
  3. After the application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by an immigration officer. Be aware that in the process of approving the application, further information might be needed. The required new information may be electronically submitted through Visascheck
  4. The final decision about the submission will be communicated electronically via the email address supplied by the applicant.
  5. If the application is approved the acceptance letter is sent out as in an attachment attached to your email sent when the applicant has paid the form.

Required Documents For Replace a Damage/Lost Visa Perm

  • A valid passport (copy as well as original)
  • The permit’s Application ID to be replaced
  • A photocopy or copy of your visa, if there is one
  • damaged or altered visa must be turned over to the authorities
  • Completely filled out application form

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Internal Affairs:Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O. Postal Box 7191 Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088


  • Foreigners from all countries who must renew their visa/permit




  • It will remain valid for the initial damaged or lost visa

Documents to Utilize


Requirements Information

  • The full names of the applicants
  • Number of the passport of the person applying
  • Police report in case lost visa
  • Return ticket valid for the return flight
  • Date of Entry into Uganda
  • A copy of the visa, if it is available
  • Date of birth/gender of the applicant
  • The damage visa should be handed over to the authority
  • The nationality of the applicant
  • The signature of the person applying
  • Justification for applying for visa

The Document is required

A visa is a document issued to an international person who grants legal permission to allow the holder to temporarily stay in Uganda

External Links

(Ministry of Internal Affairs) MIA



Leave a Comment