Apply for Calibration of Gauge Blocks In Jamaica By Online
Application In Person
- To request the calibration of gauge blocks you must submit your request with the Bureau of Standards Jamaica (BSJ). You can find the BSJ contact information on the following link — BSJ Contacts.
- Request the form to apply for calibration at either of the BSJ offices located in Kingstone, Montego Bay, Mandeville, Ocho Rios, or Savanah-La-Ma. You may also get the application form by phone or email.
- Fill out the application in the manner that is instructed.
- Make sure you have the gauge blocks ready to be calibrated along with the necessary documents to support them, and Then go to office BSJ office.
- Pay the application fee at the cashier. You will then receive the receipt of payment.
- Completely submit the application form as well as block gauges in the hands of the BSJ official at the service desk . receive the acknowledgement receipt of the application.
- These gauge block will then be sent on to the BSJ metrology laboratory for proper analysis and calibration in accordance with the BSJ guidelines.
- The BSJ inspectors in the lab will make sure that the gauge blocks are calibrated to give the proper readings.
- Go to the BSJ office to collect the gauge blocks that have been calibrated.
Required Documents For Apply for Calibration of Gauge Blocks
- Application form.
- Gauge blocks.
- Other documents that are required from the BSJ.
Office Locations and Contacts
BSJ Office Office
Address Address: Winchester Road, PO Box 113, Kingston 10
Tel: (826) 926-3140-5; (826) 632-4275; (876) -618-1534
Fax: (826) 929-4736
– BSJ Contact details
the MONTEGO BAY
Address UGI Building 1st Floor UGI Building 1st Floor 30-34 Market Street Montego Bay, St. James
Tel: (826) 952-7119
Address: WG WALTERS BUILDING 103 Main Street Ocho Rios, St. Ann
Address: Shop16 Caledonia Plaza Annex 71/2 Caledonia Road Mandeville, Manchester
Tel: (826) 962-7102
Address: Shop # 15 62 Great Georges Street Savannah-La-Mar P.O. Westmoreland
Tel: (826) 918-1652
- Companies and individuals are both qualified to apply.
- Contact the appropriate authority for information on fees.
- It is good for particular time frame while the block gauges need to be calibrated periodically.
- It will process the application in 3 days.
- All testing at BSJ is conducted using the test standard method, employing calibrated equipment, which is which is traceable back to standard specifications.
- This BSJ test will verify that the product is within acceptable limits of the labels they claim to be and are safe for use.
The Information You Need
- Name of the Product.
The Document is required
- The BSJ calibrates the gauge blocks to guarantee precise readings.