How to Replace a Lost Land Title In Jamaica

Replace a Lost Land Title In Jamaica By Yourself

  1. To apply for a duplicate title to land in the event that the original is lost, please contact the Registrar of Titles (NLA) to request the land. You can view the NLA office address map and contact information via this link
  2. You can obtain the application form to request a duplicate certificate from the NLA office.
  3. Please read the instructions and then fill out the application form. A Justice of the Peace (JP), or a Notary Public, will witness the signing. If the application form is signed in front of a Notary Public in another country or state, a certificate from the body that appointed notaries public must be presented to verify the act.
  4. An attorney can help you prepare a statutory statement. This must contain all details as described in the section “Institutions” below.
  5. Send the completed application along with all required documents to the NLA Registrar.
  6. After verifying your application, the registrar may ask you for additional evidence. Once your application has been validated, the registrar can approve your application.
  7. After approval, you will be asked to publish the notice in a local newspaper. To serve as a notice of the application to the public and the world, it should be published in two newspapers each day. If you are a resident abroad, the registrar may also require you to advertise in a foreign newspaper that is relevant to your location. Anyone who opposes the application may raise their case to registrar.
  8. If the application is not rescinded within 14 days of publication, the registrar will accept the proof of advertisement. The prove must include the page in which the notice was published and the date.
  9. Pay the $100 application fee and receive the payment receipt
  10. If there is no evidence or reason to oppose the application, the registry will cancel the title and issue a new one.


  • Because of the complexity of the process, it is recommended to hire a registered attorney to help you with the application

Required Documents For Replace a Lost Land Title

  • A notary public or JP can witness a statuteful declaration
  • Prover if newspaper publication
  • Identification documents
  • Certified passport size Photographs

Find Office Locations and Contacts

National Land AgencyBusiness Service Centre
23 1/2 Charles Street Kingston Jamaica
Phone: 750-LAND (5263) 946-LAND (5263)
Fax: 948-9513

Corporate Office
8 Ardenne Road Kingston 10
Phone: 750-LAND (5263) 946-LAND (5263)

Customer Services
All Offices
Phone: 750-LAND (5263) 946-LAND (5263)

Estate Management Services
20 North Street Kingston
Phone: 750-LAND (5263) 946-LAND (5263)

Land Titles Services
93 Hanover Street, Kingston
Phone: 750-LAND (5263) 946-LAND (5263)

Land Valuation Services
8 Ardenne Road Kingston 10
Phone: 750-LAND (5263) 946-LAND (5263)

Mandeville Office
G1-G6 Golf View Shopping Centre
Mandeville, 5 Caledonia Road
Phone: 750-LAND (5263) 946-LAND (5263)

Montego Bay Office
3 Federal Avenue Montego Bay St. James
Phone: 750-LAND (5263) 946-LAND (5263)

Surveys and Mapping Services
23 Charles Street Kingston
Phone: 750-LAND (5263) 946-LAND (5263)

Hours of Operation
Mondays through Thursdays 8:30am to 5:00pm
Fridays: 8:30am to 4:00pm, except on Public Holidays
Contact information and a map of the location: Link


  • Land title owners who have lost their registered title


  • $100 application fee


  • Except for transfer to another party, land titles remain valid forever

Documents for Use

  • Application form: link (word Doc).

Processing Time

  • Within one month


The Statutory Declaration should be detailed

  • How the Title was lost
  • Where the Title was kept
  • Who was responsible for the title?
  • When and where was the Title last seen?
  • The searches you made to find the Title
  • The property’s value
  • Any loan or mortgage for the property

Requirements Information

  • Names
  • Address
  • Occupation
  • The location of the land
  • Declaration
  • Signatures

You will need the document

  • You can prove that you are the legal owner of the land by obtaining a valid title

Information that might be of assistance

  • FAQs about land title: Link

External Links



Leave a Comment