how To Replace Lost / Stolen Passport In Gambia
- In order to obtain a new passport, applicants will have make an application at the Immigration Department.
- Complete the application and send it along with the police record and the court affidavit.
- The applicants will also have to provide a passport photo along with other documents (see the list below).
- Fill out the application fee.
If you’re outside Gambia
- For those who are not from Gambia it is necessary to apply for a Police Report for lost/stolen Passport that is issued by the authorised authorities of the foreign country.
- Visit the closest diplomatic office of Gambia and fill out an application to get the replacement passport. The link is listed under “Office Contacts and Locations” to connect with the closest Embassy in Gambia located in your country where you are currently in.
- Send the completed application along with the loss certificate along with any other documents required.
- The application fees must be paid.
Documents Required Replace Lost / Stolen Passport
- A police report as well as a court affidavits for lost passports
- Application form completed
- One(1) passport photograph
- Guarantor’s Form completed by an official of oaths, and:
- Photocopy of: (a) Page of data from the passport of the guarantor, and photocopy of National Identity card or Driver’s License
- Father’s letter of content for minors younger than 16 years old (Mother’s letter of consent in the the case of a the father who died)
- Wedding Certificates if applicable
- Husband’s consent letter
- Affidavit from the court and police report for lost passports.
- Birth Certificate or Age declaration.
- Certificate of identification issued by the Local Government of the place of origin or residence.
- Receipt and acknowledgement slip of payment.
Office Locations and Contacts
Immigration DepartmentBanjul capital office
21 OAU Boulevard
Gambia, West Africa
+220 422 Main Switchboard
Fax: 4223063 / 4226453 / 4228717
Time of Opening:
8.00 am – 6.00 pm
Ministry Of Foreign Affairs
No. 4, Marina Parade
The Gambia, West Africa
+ 220 422 3578
+ 220 422 3577
Fax: + (220) 422 7917
Tel no: 4473120
Embassy and consulates in foreign countries
What Are All The Eligibility
All Gambians through birth, naturalization, and registration.
- The application forms cost D10 at the Department of Immigration in Banjul.
A Standard passport is valid for a duration of 10 years, with the first validity time of five (5) five (5) years.
Documentation is needed
This document outlines how to get a replacement passport for a lost or stolen passport issued by Gambia.